Painting Trunk/backseats

Set Anchors

5+ Year Member
Hopefully this is the right place to put this!

I bought a 2000 SiR from a local salvage yard. Great condition, runs like brand new, lots of little goodies and what not but one catch, the trunk and back seats are totally stripped. I was contemplating going and putting all that crap back together but decided not to, and decided to paint it instead.

My exterior is black, so obviously I would want to match it. Has anyone done this before? Did you guys use some kind of special spray or getting it prof painted?

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ur in the right place..
First off, it was stripped to lighten the car im sure..
secondly unless u have practice i'd say get it prof. done =)

Set Anchors

5+ Year Member
Yeah, I was kind of leaning towards getting it proffesionally painted but not too sure if I want to blow my $$ on that right now! I was thinking about just masking everything off and see what a little black spray paint will do, hah.

Mastaciv

5+ Year Member
Ive seen people use that undercoat rubber spray stuff....the finish always comes out looking amazing

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive seen people use that undercoat rubber spray stuff....the finish always comes out looking amazing
yeah that doesnt take too much skill to undercoat spray it, but id say sand it, prime it, paint it, then clear it, i think theres a couple good threads on here you can check out about properly painting. just use the search button to your advantage!

JDMDRIVEREK

Yeah like they said, pull your front seats out to prevent over spray. tape off your windows in the rear an other Misc. peace's than Shop vac it out really good, lightly sand-use a basic primer & get you some rubber under coating it works for me. I did the same exact thing 2 weeks ago....Looks amazing only downfall to a gutted trunk an rear seat- You will hear everything on the road...!