Passenger side door lock not working

ththinh82

My car is 96 hatch cx and I just did power door/lock conversion without using the floor harness. Power windows work. When I lock/unlock using the switch, only driver door locks. I heard the passenger's actuator makes noise but it didnt lock/unlock the door. I also tried with door panel off. The lock rod slightly moved but not enough to lock/unlock the door. Is it bad actuator or is it lack of power coming to the actuator?

I had Viper alarm installed few years ago. I followed the wiring on this site (http://www.hondahookup.com/forums/showthread.php?154923-DIY-Power-Lock-conversion-to-96-98-Civic-DX) but it doesnt work. Do I need to reprogram the system?

P/S: I got everything OEM from a donor car for the conversion.

RonJ

Banned
If you can easily lock and unlock the passenger door manually, then the actuator is probably bad.

ththinh82

When i start the engine, the passenger's lock works using the switch. However, when I only turn the key to ignition, it doesnt work. So it must be a bad actuator, right? Should I check the wiring?

RonJ

Banned
When i start the engine, the passenger's lock works using the switch. However, when I only turn the key to ignition, it doesnt work. So it must be a bad actuator, right? Should I check the wiring?
This^ makes it sound like the driver's door lock actuator may be bad.

ththinh82

I still have a problem with the WHT/GRN wire for power lock control unit. I wired it to one of the slots in the under-dash fuse box with a 20A fuse, which is not a constant 12V source. However, the wiring diagram shows that it should be connected to fuse 51 in the under-hood fuse box. I have no idea how to run the wire straight to fuse 51 under hood. Is there a stock wire for power lock control unit somewhere on the main harness so I can just connect them?

ththinh82

Well, I didnt know power locks need constant 12V source when I did that. Can I use a 1-pin connector with an inline 20A fuse and plug it into one of the 4 plugs in the diagram?

RonJ

Banned
Well, I didnt know power locks need constant 12V source when I did that. Can I use a 1-pin connector with an inline 20A fuse and plug it into one of the 4 plugs in the diagram?
Option 1, C926 - it's protected by 40A hood fuse 54. And, yes, install a 20A inline fuse.