Picked up an EG for a future K-Series Swap

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, I started the deadly deed. The motor is officially coming apart. I'm hoping to have it down to the bare block in about 2 weeks the latest. (Getting the crank pulley off sucks.)

Then the motor gets worked over and I can FINALLY start the installation process.

Steve

Skirpp

Do Work
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
aweome, cant wait to see it done! Whats a bone stock K20 swap go for? Just basic, no bolt ons or anything. Including motor and all. Just curious thats all. good work!!

Jdawggrafics

4G Sold. 8^(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Steve, I just rolled through 25+ pages and may have missed this, but did anyone ask about swapping in a K20 into a 7th gen coupe? I've done some research, and have only found the info for swapping it into the Si, not a DX coupe. With the stability that my coupe currently has, I would like to see how well it rolls with more hp and a little bit heavier front. The wife wants an STI, but shes dreaming. =) Since the K20-> Si swap is a bolt on w/shift linkage work, is it the same bolt on +wiring and shift linkage work? My B16 swap into the 91 4 door went very well minus the wiring. That was my only gripe. Since I had to sell that, I am jonesin for another project, but I want to line up the facts first.
Any info, whether a yes or no or a link to the info is greatly appreciated.
Keep the good work going on the hatch. Eff the color-haters, it's got all you need for the track. More than most anyone else has....

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i assuming that since they are both k series that it wouldnt be that had of a swap. prob easier than the B swap into ur 5th gen.

zzzpoohzzz

quitter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
correct me if im wrong.... but im pretty sure im right... a dx 7th gen does not have a k-series.... isnt it like a d17 or somethin like that

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hasport makes mounts for K20 Swaps into 7th Gens :thumbup:

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jdawggrafics said:
Steve, I just rolled through 25+ pages and may have missed this, but did anyone ask about swapping in a K20 into a 7th gen coupe? I've done some research, and have only found the info for swapping it into the Si, not a DX coupe. With the stability that my coupe currently has, I would like to see how well it rolls with more hp and a little bit heavier front. The wife wants an STI, but shes dreaming. =) Since the K20-> Si swap is a bolt on w/shift linkage work, is it the same bolt on +wiring and shift linkage work? My B16 swap into the 91 4 door went very well minus the wiring. That was my only gripe. Since I had to sell that, I am jonesin for another project, but I want to line up the facts first.
Any info, whether a yes or no or a link to the info is greatly appreciated.
Keep the good work going on the hatch. Eff the color-haters, it's got all you need for the track. More than most anyone else has....
I paid $3450 shipped for my motor and trans.
$50 for the shifter box and cables
$200 for the ECU
$600 for the mounts (http://hasport.com/Products/Mount Kits/Mount ESK1.htm)
$400 for axles (http://hasport.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=66)
$300 for the conversion harness
$$$ Custom header and exhaust (not sure about price or the need)
$850 K-Pro
$$$ Radiator
$$$ Intake
$$$ Fuel lines, FPR, and Fuel rail

Those are the basics, I may have missed a few details, but that's the gist.

(And yes, there's a D-Series in his car.)

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Moved and welded the rad brackets to the driver's side of the engine bay. The Rad is now physically mounted with my Karcepts relocation bracket.

I'll be finishing the templates and the last of the interior stuff tomorrow (I'm planning anyway).

Steve

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice progress man, keep at her!! I can't wait till you get that s**t done.

Skirpp

Do Work
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so for a little under 8gs you can have a complete running k series motor in a 5th gen hatch w. bolts on (I/H/E).. what does something like that run in the 1/4? ive heard 13s.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Skirpp said:
so for a little under 8gs you can have a complete running k series motor in a 5th gen hatch w. bolts on (I/H/E).. what does something like that run in the 1/4? ive heard 13s.
try in the 12s when basically stock. and given that this car is basically a light piece of metal with a motor strapped to it, im guessing possibly high 11s given the conditions (weather, etc), tires, and if you know how to use k-pro :lol:

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Skirpp said:
Yes, if you do all the work yourself and not including the car.

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
96 DX Hatch said:
try in the 12s when basically stock. and given that this car is basically a light piece of metal with a motor strapped to it, im guessing possibly high 11s given the conditions (weather, etc), tires, and if you know how to use k-pro :lol:
For my car, 12's for sure (high 11's most likely). I think for your standard EG/EK 13's are realistic for bolt ons with 12's just a pair of slicks away.

=)

Steve

Jdawggrafics

4G Sold. 8^(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Steve,
Thanks for the info. Keep that eg up and keep k-series.com going too. It's a very nice site.
I'm staying in on this thread to see how the progress goes.
Say hi to my Mom-In-Law and all my homies in Lakeland and Orlando. =)
-Jeremy

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dammit, I want to ditch my b18 for a k20 again :lol:

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jdawggrafics said:
Steve,
Thanks for the info. Keep that eg up and keep k-series.com going too. It's a very nice site.
I'm staying in on this thread to see how the progress goes.
Say hi to my Mom-In-Law and all my homies in Lakeland and Orlando. =)
-Jeremy
That's funny...my mother and sister live in Lakeland.

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
96 DX Hatch said:
Dammit, I want to ditch my b18 for a k20 again :lol:
Give me your EK and I'll help you out. ;)

Steve

Hybrid93Hatch

5+ Year Member
A lot of pics added since I last saw this thread. Coming along good! I can't wit to own a K swapped EG hatch.

Can't wait to see the final result and the times for this beast!!

Jdawggrafics

4G Sold. 8^(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k-series said:
That's funny...my mother and sister live in Lakeland.

Steve
HOLY CRAP! Small world eh?
I am going to PM you a few questions so as not to blow up your Swap thread.
-Jeremy