Pillow mounts?

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i want to re install my koni/gc setup. i used the stock mounts but was told thats not the best. im not exactly sure what to buy or what to do. can anyone help?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's really hard to find upper mounts for double-wishbone suspension. Most of the pillow ball mounts you'll find are for macpherson suspension. Stock is fine.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
really? thank god i didn't wanna spend anymore money. any other advice?

ryanM

--<EM1>-- said:
really? thank god i didn't wanna spend anymore money. any other advice?
not sure if you planned on running camber kits, but i would reccommend it

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're gonna run camber kits, make sure the place you get alignments

A) knows how to adjust them
B) will adjust them
C) will not charge extra to adjust them

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well my father in law owns a shop. does mufflers brakes and suspension. the alignment rack definitly gets it use. theyre not charging me for alignment.... because theyre making me learn haha. of course i have camber kits. skunk2 adjustable front and rear.

ryanM

--<EM1>-- said:
well my father in law owns a shop. does mufflers brakes and suspension. the alignment rack definitly gets it use. theyre not charging me for alignment.... because theyre making me learn haha. of course i have camber kits. skunk2 adjustable front and rear.
just wanted to make sure :thumbs up

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is there a procedure to lower? like an inch at a time or what?

ryanM

--<EM1>-- said:
is there a procedure to lower? like an inch at a time or what?
just try to get it at the height you want, and for christ sakes, make sure all 4 corners are the same :lol: then take it to get aligned

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont buy the ebay crap. there are only two companies that i can think of its tein and ground control. i rather get ground control because its cheaper. its 120 a pair. all you need is the fronts. the back are not really needed. i have a set on my car. great thing about it is there is more shock travel. downside is most struts and tie bars will not fit the car due the the shock mount.