please help so frustrated!!

EG2 LX

93 Civic LX/B16 swap - problem with left side axle fit

okay so i have a 93 LX Civic with a full b16 swap. its all wired up no check engine lights
or anything and it starts right up. the passenger axle went into the tranny and the hub assembly with no problem and all ball joints and everything fell right into place. then i went to the driver side and it popped right on to the midshaft and through the hub and everything just fine. but now i cant get the lower balljoint to go into the lower control arm. its as if the axle is too long. its a b16 sir2 and it came with sir2 axles too so idk what the problem is can anyone help me pleeeease?!

serversurfer

I dunno how helpful this will be, since you're clearly more savvy than I am, but I recently replaced the driver-side LCA on my car, and I was having a little trouble getting the ball joint to line up with the hole in the arm, so I jacked up the LCA a little with a floor jack, and then I was able to grab the hub and drop the joint right in to the hole.

HTH

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Compare previous axel size with current?

EG2 LX

the old motor was a D16Y8 and D series motors have no midshaft like B series motors just one long axle so comparing them wouldnt even be an option unfortunately

RonJ

Banned
Did the set ring at the end of the intermediate shaft fully seat into the axle? Did the splines on the outer end of the axle fully insert into the hub?

EG2 LX

im about to go out and check that, the axle appears to be on the midshaft all the way and the axle nut pulled the axle through the hub all the way when i torqued the bolt on.

RonJ

Banned
Post pictures of both ends of the axle, and the misalignment of the LCA and lower ball joint.

(Aside: You should PM a moderator to get your thread title changed to reflect exactly what your tech problem is. This may help you get attention from members with the appropriate knowledge.

Example title -- 93 Civic LX/B16 swap - problem with left side axle fit)

RonJ

Banned
Upload your pictures to a site like PhotoBucket, and then paste the IMG code for the picture into your post.

EG2 LX

does anyone know the length of b16 axles and the length of b18 integra axles. hydro tranny 5 speed axles

EG2 LX

yeah the passenger side went on perfectly fine into the hub and all joints and everything else fit in just right. idk why the driver side isnt going in. it just wont go into the lower balljoint got the axle nut on and everything

RonJ

Banned
Without clear pictures and/or more detailed information, you are giving us little to work with.

EG2 LX

i know i know im trying to figure out how to upload them to my photobucket so i can post them here

E.Honda

Last pic is too dark. But it look's like you need to use your jack to push up the lower control arm and get them aligned.