Poll: Falkens VS Kumho...all season on Si Rims

Falkens VS Kumho...All Season Performance

• Kumho Ecsta ASX (Ultra High Performance All-Season)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Falken Ziex ZE-512 (Performance All-Season)

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm looking to wrap my Si rims in an all season performance tire to beat around in and use for the winter.

These seem like my most likely picks, but I have no opinion on Falkens so i need opinions.
Both are 195/55/15
Both are All season

Kumho Ecsta ASX (Ultra High Performance All-Season)
Warranty = 30,000
Price (tirerack.com) $295 shipped
  • Treadwear: 420
  • Traction: AA
  • Temperature: A
  • Speed Rating: V
Falken Ziex ZE-512 (all-season performance)
Warranty = 40,000
Ebay $340 shipped
  • Treadwear: 360
  • Traction: AA
  • Temperature: A
  • Speed Rating: V

WillyBigNut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i don't know about the kumhos but I like my falkens..

95SiDanO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont really know, but i had Kumho Supra 712's last and liked them alot...but i'm planning on getting those cheap kumho AST tires, cuz their only $50 a piece, and im sick of steelies

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with the falkens ziexive slid and almost hit someone and i was only going 10mph
with the kumho hasnt failed me yet.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Falkens are a great, sticky, and cheap tire. I'm getting kumho ecsta spt's because they are still sticky but have better treadwear, which is important to me because I do a lot of highway driving. Also they are very quiet, which is important for the same reason. Both are good tires though.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the falkens are garbage tires.. You'll be a lot happier with the asx of those two. But why dont you pay the extra $3 per tire and get SPT's? I have them and neither the asx or ziex are even comparable..

I got mine in 205/50 for 280 shipped to my door..

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the falkens are garbage tires.. You'll be a lot happier with the asx of those two. But why dont you pay the extra $3 per tire and get SPT's? I have them and neither the asx or ziex are even comparable..

I got mine in 205/50 for 280 shipped to my door..
I like the SPT's but I need something for when it snows. I had some kumho summer tires once and loved them, especially cause they were like $60 a tire, but couldn't drive in snow (well i did try and it was slow going, what usually takes 10 min from work to home took 45 min). Because of that experience I like kumho, but didn't know how good their all season performs. I would get pilots but that crap is just way too overpriced.

chunktwo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have the same kuhmo tires on my girls car.. not sure where in VA you are.. but if it was NOVA.. when we had the 4-6 inches of snow this past winter.. the roads by my place were not plowed throughly.. soo you can imagine a civic in that wasnt all too fun.. but once i was able to get the car going with me pushing and my girl at the wheel (needed to get some traction). the car kept going with no issues even in that amount of snow

basically for "deep snow" its not great. but for roads with slush and few inches of snow i drove the car with confidence..

hope this helps.

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know about the kuhmos but my brother and I are running the Zeix for all season tires.........btw....I drive a civic and he drives an Evo.

the tires are good in the rain but there isn't to much traction in the snow.......might need a set of blizzaks on steelies for the winter.

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
to let anyone know falkens are garbage tires compaired to kumho and did u know kumho had only three 3 !!!! warrenty returns last year compaired to 10000 returns but i would say toyos all around best tire

xSTELLARx

You ARE NOT Ready
5+ Year Member
i hated my Kuhmos..with a passion.

i switched to falkens this time around and i love them! 205/50/15

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ive done a little more reading on these two, and the general consensus is that the asx is the best all around choice unless you have to go through a lot of snow..

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i have the agx or asx kuhmos on my si rims. there nice. after the 500 mile break in i could dive all over with no problem. ive heard good about both. i woulda got the falkens if they were cheaper

Andrey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have Falken ziex and it's ok nothing crazy