Possibly rebuilding a 1999 Civic Si

Dumped Si

5+ Year Member
Rebuilding Blue 2000 Civic Si Theft Recovery- Fast rebuild

Well due to the bad weather we recieved here in washington my si was in a little fender bender. I have 2 options; I can either fix my currrent car and hope that everyone lines up and looks good once all is said and done, or I can buy this theft recovery shell thats going up monday and swap all of my parts onto that. I'm really picky so I think option 2 is the better choice so hopefully I'll be aquiring this monday if bidding goes in my favor...

younggun16

Registered b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good luck on whatever you do

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what is all that white stuff?

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
go for the shell. It look like everything is in good shape.

Dumped Si

5+ Year Member
you guys are crazy, that's snow. I wont see the car in person but from the pics the shell looks straight with a pretty clean paint and body..

Honestly, this shell is my best. bet My car slid side ways into the other persons lane and I was hit where the door hinges mount up.Surprisingly the damage isn't too bad ( i think about 500-700 to get it all pulled out) but I don't want my car to be all janky. Assuming I get this one I'll be able to resell some of the parts off my old shell to make some of my $$ back ( rear disc, rear sway bar, front sway bar set up, dash, power window conversion, any of the body panels, windows etc..) I could possibly end up with a profit if I play my cards right. First things first, which is getting the shell. I'll update you guys Monday if luck was on my side

Dumped Si

5+ Year Member
alright, looks like I did end up getting the car. Yay for me!

I'm glad because I dont have to deal with frame work and hoping everything looks good and lines up well

Paid $600 or $790 with &'ll easily be able to make that money back off the extra parts like dash, power window conversion, rear disc, front and rear sway bar, and a bunch of other misc s**t.

I'll keep you guys update with progress pics. I'm hoping to have this thing on the road by the weekend. The only thing I don't have that i'll need is a passenger fender and passenger head light since mine were damaged. aside from that EVERYTHING on my car is good.

Dumped Si

5+ Year Member
Here are a couple pics of pulling the ls vtec out of the wrecked si. Tomorrow the new si should be here. Depending if I work or not I might be able to get most of it together tomorrow. I want to atleast get the whole bay cleaned up and swap this motor in.

Dumped Si

5+ Year Member
Well my new shell came and I could not be happer. This thing is f**king clean. and it has a dope ass clifford pager alarm. The body on my wrecked si was s**t and needed paint. The paint on this is MINTTTTT

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
congrats on finally getting the shell. Are you going to get custom fenders or just stock fenders? I would get custom fenders because you don't have any.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the shell looks real clean. good luck on your project

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well my new shell came and I could not be happer. This thing is f**king clean. and it has a dope ass clifford pager alarm. The body on my wrecked si was s**t and needed paint. The paint on this is MINTTTTT
I refuse to believe that Clifford alarm is as dope as you claim, otherwise that car won't be in that state. But good luck on the rebuild.

Dumped Si

5+ Year Member
thanks for the replies. The alarm is really good. The guy that owned it didnt have a hood pin which I believed would have helped alot..

Here are some pics from last night. I didnt get a whole lot done. Started getting rid of all the junk in the car and cleaned out the trunk really well.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dang, you got alot ahead of you that's for sure.

Dumped Si

5+ Year Member
thanks for the feedback guys! Progress is going a little slower than I had hoped. I cleaned up the bay this morning and plan to throw in the motor later this afternoon

Dumped Si

5+ Year Member
I did a quick clean job. Nothing special since the car will be sold soon after its finished