* * * Post your gear! * * *

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hoping to get this section a little more activity, let's start by posting your gear! Please try to refrain from posting random pictures. If you want to post pictures of your gear that's fine, but no pictures of anything else.

- Nikon D40
- AF-S 35mm 1.8G
- 18-55 VR
- SB-600 Speedlight

Last edited:

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Give this thread some love!

Nikon D3000
18-55 kit
35mm 1.8 AFS
Ball Head Dolica Tripod
A sweet new 5 in 1 reflector that ive been wanting to try out lol. thats all. im still new to photo world.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the camera on my nexus s 4g.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Give this thread some love!

Nikon D3000
18-55 kit
35mm 1.8 AFS
Ball Head Dolica Tripod
A sweet new 5 in 1 reflector that ive been wanting to try out lol. thats all. im still new to photo world.
Nice! I'm a newb to photography. Don't really know much about composition, just basics. What's a 5 in 1 reflector?

I really want to get a few lights/umbrella's and a big fabric backdrop to try some studio shots.

the camera on my nexus s 4g.
Hey you gotta start somewhere right? ;)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nah, thats just all i want. im not a photographer , and really dont care much about it,

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It just bounces light back to to tthe dark side. I wanna shoot into to the sun and I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet. I wanna buy a flash next. I just got the 35mm lens and it's fun

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It just bounces light back to to tthe dark side. I wanna shoot into to the sun and I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet. I wanna buy a flash next. I just got the 35mm lens and it's fun

Ah, gotcha. Def interested in seeing pics of it in action :thumbup:.

35mm is fun. 1.8 is awesome, for the bokeh and being able to shoot in lower light. I love my SB-600 too. Comes in handy SO much.

NIkon D40
18-55 kit
Been wanting to get a 35mm 1.8
Seems like a lot of people on here have entry level camera's. Nice to see more Nikon users than Canon ;). "crash!" has got a Canon but I doubt she'll see this thread so we can talk about how much Canon's suck :D.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like my nikon but every pro I see is shooting a Canon. So I say to myself ... hmmmm....

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Right now a borrowed Canon XT and a Canon XTi... both with kit lenses....

Can't wait to see what you come up with using the reflector Knight.... Here's one I took shooting into the sun, but no reflector of my niece....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love the "glow" effect that it gives...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like my nikon but every pro I see is shooting a Canon. So I say to myself ... hmmmm....

Yeah, I see a lot of pro's shooting with Canon's too. But I dunno, I don't like the controls of Canon. When I was DSLR shopping, I tried a D40 and Rebel XT (I think that's their lowest entry level, Canon's version of the D40?) and I just didn't like the controls of the Canon. I didn't like the placement of all the buttons, didn't feel right. I've been a Nikon lover since.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most of the cc photographers have gone on to other things...

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So? Post your gear. Takes one minute.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was looking into picking up a nikon d3100. from what ive read up on it seems to be an entry level camera and its quite affordable for my budget. anyone know anything about it? im a beginner to dslrs, but im not new to some of the fundamentals of photography.
ive taken some pretty badass pictures with some regular digital cameras if i may say so myself lol

i guess what im mainly worried about is if this camera will be a little "too" beginner. if thats even possible?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not sure about the iso performance but i think the d3000 and the d3100 might share the same sensor, and my camera sucks in low light. my buddy has a d3100 he likes it, ive played with it and it feels exactly like mine, the video mode is clear and better than the d90 IMO. but it does lack, an internal motor if thats a big issue for you. i got this d3000 for a steal but if i can do it over, i would buy a d90 over the 3000,3100,5000,5100. my brother has a d90 thats sweet.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just the basics for me.

Canon Rebel XTi
18-55mm kit lens
75-300 Sigma macro lens

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nikon D40
35mm f/1.8 G AF-S
50mm f/1.8 G AF-S
18-55mm AF-S
55-200mm AF-S VR
SB-600 Speedlight

3 Strobe Light Setup, softboxes, umbrellas, reflectors, barn doors, gels, all that good stuff.