Pricing Help

NeedsMoreLow

Hey everyone.

I'm looking into selling my Civic, in hopes of buying something different. I got this off of a trade, and I want help valuing it. Here's some info and pictures about my car:

VERY clean Civic Lx Sedan. Painted a year ago. Info on the car:

1999 Civic Lx. Runs and drives amazingly. 184k on the rust free body, and amazing maintained D16y7. Does not burn or leak any fluids.

-AEM cold air intake
-D16Z6 intake
-Aftermarket fuel rail
-Z6 5 speed manual tranny. Shifts beautifully *Only 15k miles on it*
-XTD stage 1 clutch
-Skunk2 short throw shifter
-Energy Bushings
-Full magnaflow exhaust from ceramic headers (beautiful sound)
-Lowered 1.5" on Eibach springs
-KYB struts
-ASR subframe brace with sway bars
-Function 7 lower control arms
-Front lip
-Rear lip
-Si style grill
-eBay hood bra
-Aftermarket black housed headlights
-Aftermarket radiator.
-16x7 Enkei EDR9's, plasti dipped black, on Yokohama Avid tires.
-Emissions delete, ps delete, battery professionally relocated to the trunk.
-Car was painted a year ago with Green Tea Metallic paint. No rust, and no major scratches. I have extra paint too.
-Aftermarket head unit
-300 watt pioneer speakers all around.
-Interior is near perfect. 9/10.
-Regular maintenance always kept up
-I also have a polished and ported D16z6 Vtec head with new gaskets that I'm willing to throw in.

I hit a deer a couple months ago. Cracked the bumper (which is zip tied) and dented the hood a bit (covered by hood bra). Punctured the radiator, which I replaced. Doesn't affect anything.

That's pretty much everything I can think of. Also, I live in Southwest Michigan. So no rust is kind of a big deal. Anyway. Give me your thoughts.

Not sent from my iPhone using tapatalk.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
idk what the market is like by you but in NY you can find cars like yours from 1500-2500 depending on the seller

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car value can vary so much by location and sedan Civics usually command less than coupes or hatchbacks. If Civics are popular and in high demand in your area, you may be able to get around $2200 at the most what with the different color, it being manual, several quality aftermarket parts, and what looks to be a good paint job. The factors working against you are the front end damage, having a swapped engine & tranny, no radio and it seems you have some wedges behind the radio console which implies some sort of damage. Definitely take off that eBay sticker on the front lip because its nothing but a deterrent against potential buyers. I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up having to sell it for $1600-$1800 if it does run very well. Good luck with the sale.

NeedsMoreLow

Car value can vary so much by location and sedan Civics usually command less than coupes or hatchbacks. If Civics are popular and in high demand in your area, you may be able to get around $2200 at the most what with the different color, it being manual, several quality aftermarket parts, and what looks to be a good paint job. The factors working against you are the front end damage, having a swapped engine & tranny, no radio and it seems you have some wedges behind the radio console which implies some sort of damage. Definitely take off that eBay sticker on the front lip because its nothing but a deterrent against potential buyers. I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up having to sell it for $1600-$1800 if it does run very well. Good luck with the sale.
Radio was relocated. Really couldn't tell you why. The tape was my doing. It was loose in there, presumably because there's supposed to be weighing it down, lol.

NeedsMoreLow

Anyway, I put it on Craigslist and it attracted a lot of attention. Got a couple offers and some trades. Best offer so far is 3300.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyway, I put it on Craigslist and it attracted a lot of attention. Got a couple offers and some trades. Best offer so far is 3300.
Thats awesome. Like I said, it varies by location.

Make sure to clean up the interior. Presentability goes a long way.

NeedsMoreLow

0.0 you made some decent amount of money from it. sometimes i wonder what my car would get sold for after i get it tuned and broken in
I'm not disappointed. I had 1500 into it, including purchase. You could always throw it on Craigslist. See what offers you get. I've done that with every car I've ever had.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That was a solid sale imo. Probably commands a higher price near you and I by being rust free. Hard to find those around here. Good job man.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I'm not disappointed. I had 1500 into it, including purchase. You could always throw it on Craigslist. See what offers you get. I've done that with every car I've ever had.

true but i spend more then xxxxx$ on my motor including buying the long block and the cylinder head its fully built g22 except the my sleeves and camshaft, and my modified stock manifold( people won't suspect as much with stock manifold on it).