Problems with 2000 SI

00civicsiboy

5+ Year Member
Hey all!

I recently purchased a 2000 SI with 83k miles on it. It has an AEM intake system, DC header, skunk throttle body, str fuel rail, str cam gears, and an AEM fuel pressure regulator. I got home with the car and immediatley had a problem with the idle...

After driving the car a little while, my idle would come up to 1500 rpm's and when trying to shift into first it would rev 200 rpms then drop back down then try to rev again. If I revved to 2500 to get into gear I could get the car moving.

Also, when driving, all of the gears get very jerky. I have cleaned out the throttle body, iacv, and the intake manifold and the problem is still occuring. Do you all have any ideas on what to do?

I plan on taking it into a Honda dealer to figure out the problem if I can't solve it on my own...

Any input is appreciated!
Thanks,
Brian

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vaccum leak. fuel pressure regulator might be flooding

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so your sayin the idle is goin high when you hit the clutch? when you rev and the rpms go up and stay up for like an extra second or 2, thats usually a bad throwout bearing. but my guess is still that youve got the fuel regulator set to high.

bump for someone smarter then me

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how familliar are you with the SI and honda in general? the B16 prolly carries a little more power than your used to. also you might not have a stock clutch in there? i dunno im a SOHC dude!

00civicsiboy

5+ Year Member
I dont think it is the clutch beacuse if it was, the car would be having these symptoms all of the time...

It could be the fuel pressure regulator..

When the symptoms arise, when shifting into first it bogs down. I can shift into every gear and I can engage vtec its just every gear gets very jerky...

You are NOT supposed to feel a jolt when letting off the gas in 4th gear. This is what is happening..I took the car to Honda today and they denied me service due to mods...