Project: 240SX...Commence!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's the advantage to that style of tie rod joint? Just curious.
This particular one from some people say it gives the steering a little more angle, but what it mainly does is put the tie rod closer/more level to the ground, which gives it less of a ridiculous angle when slammed and gets rid of bumpsteer. Hope that helps your question!

So today I finally got around to cutting my outer lips from my barrels. Most 3 piece wheels are just sealed with silicone, but Blitz and some other brands actually weld the lips to the barrels. I was going to send them out and have a professional do it...but after reading online it's not too bad of a job to do with a cutoff wheel. So, I stuck in the middle of the weld and within an hour or so they have been split! I need to do the other side, but I'll tackle that job tomorrow.

Crappy cell phone shot after they were cut:

Close up of the cut. It wasn't all that bad, but it definitely needs some flattening down.

Grinded it down to be flush with the rest of the barrel, shined it up and now it was ready to be assembled!

Here's some comparison shots. Before specs were 17x7.5", now they're 17x10" +18 =)

Test fit shot

Crappy cell phone test fit shot

More updates soon!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steam rollers! if you dont mind, how deep are you in on these wheels?

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
This particular one from some people say it gives the steering a little more angle, but what it mainly does is put the tie rod closer/more level to the ground, which gives it less of a ridiculous angle when slammed and gets rid of bumpsteer. Hope that helps your question!
Ya I thought it had something to do with the angles/geometry, just wasn't sure. Looks like it would wear out faster because its exposed but is it really a big deal?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good Greyson
Thanks dude!

steam rollers! if you dont mind, how deep are you in on these wheels?
Well, can't dish out a exact number for you, but as of right now about 1500$. That's sourcing them from Japan including shipping. Doesn't include tires/polishing and the rear lips I'll eventually buy :/

Ya I thought it had something to do with the angles/geometry, just wasn't sure. Looks like it would wear out faster because its exposed but is it really a big deal?
Yeah for sure. And it might, but I don't drive my car as hard as other 240 guys, so they'll probably last me quite some time. I'll give these a try, then I think I'm going to try Teins outer tie rod ends.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man.

Small update, I got my tires in yesterday, being mounted today. So last night I had to cut and build the other 17", and put all the faces on the wheels again. After getting them all done I realized I need to get the rears done soon as well...because the fronts just look too good compared to the rears haha.

Not to mention the front lip is .5" bigger than the rear ( my f**kup for measuring wrong lol)

Oh well, all in due time!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tires thrown on, still dialing in the suspension. Got it to where it looked decent (just gotta raise the rear just a tad)

But then I took it for a drive lol, scraped going straight. So...the culprit.

Gotta do something about that one I suppose.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks haha, still way too low! I need to figure something out as far as a downpipe goes lol

Well, I finally will have 4 matching Blitz center caps. Came across these rare Blitz Racing Wheel caps and had to get them.

Got some dope FinalBoss decals in today as well

And just a few shots from today, mocked up the bumper real fast. In the process of prepping/spraying it this weekend so it's not too pretty

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i want to see this thing all one color!!!!
Ugh tell me about it! I miss how it was once 100% matching panels, no front end damage etc...

Just need to get myself a hood, fix the bumper/lip and get some fenders then it'll finally go in for some fresh paint.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well at least you see/admit the paint differences. thats the first step ;) stock hood?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha, all the aero is the OEM white from a type x, while my car is pearl white. blah :(

Nah, I'll be getting a Koguchi Power hood but that's my last big investment for the exterior of the car, still saving for that one :l

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, all the aero is the oem white from a type x, while my car is pearl white. Blah :(

nah, i'll be getting a koguchi power hood but that's my last big investment for the exterior of the car, still saving for that one :l
f**king yes! I love that hood

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member