Project citegra hatchback

darthmuffin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I found a hatchback shell (no front clip, engine, dash, steering column, pedals, interior) seems the only thing there is the shell and the suspension. I was wanting to know if i found a 91ish integra if the steering column, pedals (basically all the stuff that i listed was missing) would fit on the civic. I also thought about putting a 91ish integra front clip on it (since i have to put a front clip on it anyway) has anybody seen this done? anybody got any pics? Please give me your ideas, tips, pics (please pics).

sil80

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let me get this straight... You found a Civic hatchback, you stated that it's missing the front clip though that would constitute half of the car already missing(cut in half)?? Then you mention finding a 91 integra and relocating all the parts to the civic thats cut in half:shock:??
Or did you mean that you found a stripped rolling Civic HB chasis and want to afix all the integra stuff including the front body panels to the civic chasis?? Well I would not try in any way to weld and car together.. As far as making things fit on the HB if it is rolling I would try to get the mechanical aspects of the car on it and functional through use of actual civic parts..it's just more feasible. With the look of the car you can make anything work with a little skill and know how. You just need to be seriously dedicated to take on such a task.
8) Hope this helps some.

darthmuffin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry i didnt make myself more clear. the car is missing the hood, headlights, quarter panels and bumper. I found an 86 integra for really cheap and was wondering if could swap over the steering assembly from a integra. Would the steering assembly and from an 86 hatchback work. sorry if i sound like an idiot, i dont know much about pre ek civics.

sil80

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All I can say is that unless the Integra has a front crossmember (the 2nd one twards the firewall) like the Civcs forget about the rack possibly bolting in. Your second issue would involve the rod going to the steering column though if that 2nd crossmember up front is way different.. just try and get one from a civic in a junk yard.