Project DE-Rice!! Slow but steady!

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man, the pics do ZERO justice, I still need to wash the dang bike, and take some DSLR pics with the good Ole Nikon!

But the vids were Nikon =)

Sooo I was lookin on Ebay for some pipes just feeling out the cost. And found another one that was a Scorpion for like 160 but it was scraped up a bit, still a good price.

Found this one for like 270+10 for shipping. Emailed the guy said 200 PayPal to you right now and its done. He said no LOL... So I said okay I could do like 230, he said okay I will lower the price in the morning if I have no bids, I said okay, so he dropped it to 239 plus 10 for shipping.

So 250.00 shipped, it was on an 08 R6s which the pipe is the exact same as my 05. Thing is MINT, yea its used but in GREAT shape.

New retails at 450+shipping.
damn not a bad deal at all. yea i want to get a new pipe for my bike, but idk how i feel about getting rid of the stock pipe cause it has the EXUP system.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So where do u work? If u don't mind me asking lol...
lol I work with Comcast Business Class here in the Denver Tech Center (DTC). I make decent money but once the debt is gone, then the parts will flow in for the Civic. I just got side tracked with this bike lol

damn not a bad deal at all. yea i want to get a new pipe for my bike, but idk how i feel about getting rid of the stock pipe cause it has the EXUP system.
You have a Ninja right? My buddy has the same set up with a butterfly system in it and he did an aftermarket set up and it works fine. :cool:

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no i have a 09 r6. i think mine is built into the stock pipe

UnLeAsHeD

SoCal Reppin
Nice civic and bike! Haha the before civic "riced up" looked alright to me :P I've seen ALOT worse hahaha good luck with both though!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice civic and bike! Haha the before civic "riced up" looked alright to me :P I've seen ALOT worse hahaha good luck with both though!
lol thanks! I must say I did LOVE my car, and at times I sit back and say WHY didn't I just leave it alone? LOL only because I miss it.

hows the project coming along
Well, the Civic is on hold. I am always looking for parts at a steal of a price. I am currently trying to sell some parts to buy others.

But the issue is now the bike, because I WILL be riding it all summer, I can't go stock haha. So got the exhaust, just ordered an Integrated tail with Warning light (hit the brake it flashes 3 times to indicate I am slowing). Working on finding a set of lower pegs (I am 6'1") and mirror extensions cuz im fat lol.

So once it gets warmer and things with the bike settle, I have to rip everything out of the garage AGAIN, and organize it, use the cabinets, move sh*t to a "Sell Pile" and put in what I can. Then the process will begin on her again. Just no room at all in my 1 car garage.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
De-Badged and De-Graphixed the bike yesterday. Working on the side fairings after work tonight. Man I burnt my arm with the stupid Heat Gun Yesterday, then scratched my arm in the SAME spot, thus cutting the burnt part. Holy Sh*t it hurts! lol

So tonight I am going to try and finish it up. Ordered an Eraser wheel for the residue, will try and use some goo Gone tonight and clean up the tail. Pics soon!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sooooooo

Some little punk a** kid was walking through the complex (Condo complex) and I was in my room mates car, were pulling in to a parking spot and I look over my shoulder (Kid looks shady) and he scratches my truck as he walks by it.... Kid is like 8.. Well I live on the end and by the time I got out of the car he was gone...

I am sick of it... I mean its a small 16in scratch and looks like it should buff out... But still the point is that it's mine, and I can't stand lil sh*t head kids like that. If I see him I am going to beat the sh*t out of him...

Anyways so now I am debating, should I sell the civic? Reason being is I have a 1 car garage, I can park my truck in it, which means I get some money back on the Civic, I can use that to pay down the Truck.... I can stop worrying about the truck, I can then put my system in the truck....

The other issue is time/Money... This project won't be done for 2-3-4 YEARS! Unless I get some wild hair and get it done super fast... Which I wont...

I Dunno, what do you guys think?? Just throwing it out there... It pis*es me off though, no one can have nice sh*t these days....

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ I would move. I honestly can't see myself living in a place like that. If you see the kid snatch him up and throw him in the river, the world will be better off without him.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ I would move. I honestly can't see myself living in a place like that. If you see the kid snatch him up and throw him in the river, the world will be better off without him.
I agree 100% and trust me I will.. We don't need little sh*t heads like that running around... He is the kind of kid when you drive by him (saw him around the condo's twice before) that he stares at you like he is billy bad a** or something....

Can't move... I own the place and things are good right now, House payment is getting paid, bills are caught up. Toys lol... I do wish I owned a house at times...

But I live right by an Air Force base, so MOST of the people around are from the base....

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If renting another car port an option? Leave the civic in the garage and just change them out as you want. The truck will be in storage safe from weather and the civic can be at home in the garage.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So here is a pic of the garages. First level has the end on the left of my truck and then to the right of my truck (Not shown in pic) and then the upper has the inner two garages.....

So issue is that unless someone is renting out their personal garage I can't do that...

The other option was to put the Civic in Storage until I have more parts available to build her... But that is even more money (100+/mo)

Ever get that feeling of F' It, I am throwing it away, I will never use this item? That is kinda how I am feeling, I got so much sh*t I kinda want to CLEAN house lol. I need to just rip apart my house and the garage and get everything spotless.. And organized, I think I will feel better about things...

The nice thing is, I try to think about it before I do anything, If I sell the Civic it would be months, so I can make sure it's what I want...

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This sucks... I've lost interest in my car... I want something new, I want a new car, ditch my truck and the Civic and get a nice new car... Like a 2011 WRX Sedan... I don't know...

Opinions?? Help!! lol I need it back..

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
dont u dare sell that civic! uve gone through soo much with it, i love reading this build jst finished page to page and it was worth it, but if u sell it, it wasnt worth reading ;p

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont u dare sell that civic! uve gone through soo much with it, i love reading this build jst finished page to page and it was worth it, but if u sell it, it wasnt worth reading ;p
LOL see it is reasons like this that make me want to keep it!!!!

Man my friend needs help looking at new cars, so off to the stealership I go! bad idea! lol Don't worry I won't do it yet if I do =)

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Thats a tough one dude, everyone feels the same way. having a new car is freaking nice, but then again, you cant do much modding to them at all. not to mention all the mods will be a lot more expensive than civic s**t hah.. just some food for though brah

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know how you feel on the selling it part. Mine will probably have to be sold since i just got a new car(new to me), and my wife has hers, so the oddball out is my old car. I wish i didn't have to sell it because i know i'm going to want to buy one later on but i probably won't get such a great deal as i did with this one.

Tough decisions...
BTW, the car is freaking sweet. I like it even when it was riced out. and now it looks like it will be that much better!
So don't sell it.