Projector headlights?

Skunk24ucar19

5+ Year Member
What brand is best and cost effective to buy for my 98 civic really looking to make the car look more agressive with the lights and cfh and lip kit please leav a link

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
keep it OEM

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you really want projectors go w/ the tyc's they are by far the best quality ones you can get, as for hoods go w/ seibon or vis ;)

DaNksSi

5+ Year Member
keep it OEM. projectors are overrated and UHGLY...

Abz

This is jus the beginning
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you don't want to jump on the badwagon & like you said, you were looking for aggressive front then check these projectors out... Angel light & projectors... bad boy bonnet to give it an aggressive look...

Friend of my got hold of the projectors for me, huge improvement from OEM ones.

Tmak

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're gonna change to projector headlights, I'd do an HID retrofit as well along w/ it. That's the only reason why I upgraded to projector headlights.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Abz said:
If you don't want to jump on the badwagon & like you said, you were looking for aggressive front then check these projectors out... Angel light & projectors... bad boy bonnet to give it an aggressive look...

Friend of my got hold of the projectors for me, huge improvement from OEM ones.
this adds a new page to my ugly book.

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TYCs are the only projectors i would recommend, i've had them, i loved them, i miss them. They shined out alot more light the stock civic reflectors, and imo they looked nicer. You get a sharp sharp cutoff, and the light just keeps going and going and going.........

so yea, i'd say if ur going for projectors, TYC is ur best bet, if u search the forums, u'll find a few pics of my old car with them, cookie use to have them......don't know what he did with them though :roll: shame shame.....

Abz

This is jus the beginning
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FRODO said:
this adds a new page to my ugly book.
Nice to know you keep an ugly book, the reason I went for projectors was because they looked a lot nicer & main reason being they performed a lot better the OEM ones.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ferio-moreno said:
cookie use to have them......don't know what he did with them though :roll: shame shame.....
took em apart. made new headlights

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i see, pretty orginal.....but why, the tycs are clear lamps, the oems aren't clear all the way around.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got some "eBay" Sonar projectors and I love em'. they have a really nice cut off line, shine brighter then the stock civic headlights and the high beams are nice and white. They project pretty far and i couldnt be any more happy with them =)

2,000th post 8)

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ferio-moreno said:
i see, pretty orginal.....but why, the tycs are clear lamps, the oems aren't clear all the way around.
have you missed all the pix of my car recently? i swapped the clear lens to the oem housing.

ahTin125

5+ Year Member
argh.. i'm new here..
i was looking at a TYC CIVIC 99-00 PROJECTOR BLACK HEAD LIGHTS HEADLIGHTS in ebay..
but well its abit too pricy for me..

willa 99-00 HONDA CIVIC TWIN HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS JDM BK work well for my car?
or even fit my 99 civic si?
thx alot, i'm a super noob.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Skunk24ucar19 said:
What brand is best and cost effective to buy for my 98 civic really looking to make the car look more agressive with the lights and cfh and lip kit please leav a link
There you go, thats what it could look like, but I will be honest with you, I am like the OEM headlight guy, I went back to stock, everyone that sells them that look good and don't cost $300 use H1 and H3 lights, which are fog light bulbs, and they suck, you'll destroy your rims, hood and lip all in the same night cause you can't see anything, and they all suck with connections and fit, i say just go with what you've got, looks better without them

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yo cookie, or anyone else who has TYC projetors, you got any pics of light output or just the lights on?

JML41286

5+ Year Member
kabulski said:
There you go, thats what it could look like, but I will be honest with you, I am like the OEM headlight guy, I went back to stock, everyone that sells them that look good and don't cost $300 use H1 and H3 lights, which are fog light bulbs, and they suck, you'll destroy your rims, hood and lip all in the same night cause you can't see anything, and they all suck with connections and fit, i say just go with what you've got, looks better without them

I'm gunna agree with him. You can't see s**t with the cheap projectors. I also went back to stock. They look cool but they do suck ass.