Prolly Been Done B4 But.....

needanew1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sm0ked0uTCiViC said:
i agree with the price thing, People do over price the hell outta them! But it seems anymore people are so quick to shoot the b16 down as not being a good motor! Yeah the powerband doesen't start till high up in the RPM range but once you get up there they sure do reward you with some high strung fun!! And like you said there is nothing like ripping through the short ass gears of a SI tranny!
kinda off topic, but no1 should feel bad about the powerband not startin until high rpms in b-series motors... i swapped a JDM b18c in my civic and until i hit about 4k rpm's the power difference from it and my little d series engine is hardly noticeable...

but my 2 cents, if your planning on turboing and not spending an arm and a leg in the long run, go with the gsr man, its durable and can handle boost pretty well... if you dont plan on turboing though, and just want a stock motor with decent power off the bat for a dd, look into the h22a-s or the b18c5 (although the h22 can be a difficult swap for people who arent really familiar with honda's)