Prolly the slowest bulid evar. My 98 EJ8.

UncleHonrod

2 time Civic owner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the idea of having a build thread, Alot of you guys on here have got some really good looking cars on here which give me ideas for my new Civic. My old one I miss horribly so (9yrs will do that) I had to get another one. Once a tuner always a tuner I suppose.

This will prolly be the slowest updated thread in this forum lol. Money is always tight even tho wifey and I have decent jobs. Thankfully no kids tho.

I'm a firm believer in the whole "built not bought" and "self made not mommy paid" stuff so here it is. My 2nd Civic. 1998 EJ8 EX Coupe. Honrod 2.

Comments and ideas are always welcome. I love haters tho. Gives me laughs.

This is how he looked the day I took him home.

Some a$$hat stole the radio out of it so the cluster is destroyed.. getting a new one tomorrow for all of 20 bucks. found the stock one tho buried and got it and the keyless to work until i get the new HU. Crutchfield rules btw.

So far I only have a couple goodies to show off and now its dark so I'll post pics tomorrow. Gotta love junkyard runs!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are your plans for it? A slow build is good, it usually allows time to do things right

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In for a fellow Ohioans build.

I was going to say welcome but then I realized your joined back in 2003. :lol:

UncleHonrod

2 time Civic owner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In for a fellow Ohioans build.

I was going to say welcome but then I realized your joined back in 2003. :lol:
And I'm in the Ohio guys thread thing lol. I joined back then with my first Civic but never posted lol.

As for plans. I'm keeping it automatic. I'm not all for outright speed but I do love me some handling. My old 4dr handled pretty well so Ima do that again. Vinyl doesn't add HP so he's gonna stay clean n green. I want 99-00 tail lights and rear bumper. Keeping the 98 nose but i REALLY want JDM fogs. Prolly a CTR grille or another Mugen. Same for a front lip. My old one had a Mugen grille and the Honda OEM lip and it was sexy. Who knows really. Definitely the black headlights, HIDS, window visors, tinted windows. I'll probably think of something else as time goes on but I'm not making the same mistake as i did yrs ago. I'm keeping him for as long as I can.:cool:

Interior wise is up in the air. Sound system yes. Nothing overpowering but I like some bass.

Time will tell...

UncleHonrod

2 time Civic owner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What a long day. Civic and hockey:thumbs up. Worked on the car for 9 hours then went to a good game.

Started off by going to the junk yard...

To get this...

To make it not look like this...

I love how everything is just clips and screws.

Then it was off to the dealer I got him from to raid these... Particularly the '99 on the trailer,

Took various odds and ends mostly. RH door sash panel thing, sunvisors, new back plate surround since mine had broken plate tabs, a not broken EX hubcap, various light bulbs, and these...

The tails are so much cleaner looking than the red/amber ones IMO. I love the '99s cup holders and bigger pocket... then realized my interior is type f and the '99 was type k and figured why not. My plan was to take the seats since my passenger one is trashed and the back seats are beat up to kinda make a 2 tone interior but I couldn't open the doors wide enough. Paid 55 bucks for the bezel and heater control only to take the light bulbs out of it and trash it. Everything else was free so I'm ok with it. Yes the back plate thing was off the green DX so it needs painted. Or does it....:?:

UncleHonrod

2 time Civic owner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh crap. I forgot to show and tell what goodies I bought.

Forgot to take a pic of it but I bought a CDM chrome Si badge. Since the USDM EX is a CDM Si and all. Couple bucks off a guy that is building a JDM CR-V.

The same guy had this.... and I had to have it

Bonus points to those who know what cars it would originally be on.

UncleHonrod

2 time Civic owner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nothing much today except sat in him cause i miss him lol. Also picked up a few bulbs that were out in the tails and fixed the sensor in the trunk that was messing up the open trunk light in the dash and the trunk dome light. Supposed to be real nice tomorrow so I'm gonna give him a bath and take some pics. Prolly a junkyard run too.

UncleHonrod

2 time Civic owner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gave him his first bath under my ownership. Didn't detail the interior yet tho...

Came with the K&N already. Founds lots of small dents and plenty of scratches. Still needs a front bumper cover and a passenger seat tho. Sooner or later.

Found a junkyard with some clusters for either the CRV swap or 01-03 swap. Time to search and save up my pennies.

UncleHonrod

2 time Civic owner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally attempted to restore the headlights and they came out nicely. Also no more hubcaps.!

Yeah the snow tires are temporary...

But he looks so much better. The tires are 60 series tho.. so once i get correct 55 series tires I'll be happy.

UncleHonrod

2 time Civic owner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No more ripped disgusting seats!

Got the 99 EX seats from the parts car.

I like fully adjustable driver's seat. And a passenger seat that returns to where you had it when you move it forward.

Also grabbed the dark gray door trim to match. I think it looks good.

Yeah this pic reminds me of the first Fast n Furious. "He's runnin 4 Honda Civics with Spoon engines!"

Last edited: