Proof the Clarity Can Go... Um... 3 Times the Speed Limit

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Falls Church Council Member First To Drive New Hydrogen Car. Gets Busted For Speeding.

This week Falls Church City Council Member Dan Sze became the first local official in the country to drive the Honda Clarity - the world's first series production hydrogen fuel cell automobile (more here). Which is cool.

But there is more ...

Dan took the alternative energy vehicle for a spin out at Haines Point where he was promptly stopped by a Park Police officer after being clocked going three times the posted speed limit. The officer had a bit of a green streak, and once he realized the nature of the car he was going to let the council member go without a warning. But Dan, who immediately recognized the marketing potential of a written warning issued to a hydrogen fuel car, insisted the officer write him up. Which is Blueweeds cool.

Dan said the Honda Clarity is a "nice car" which will be available for lease for about $600 a month. About the speeding incident, Dan said it was a good ending for the test drive, and noted "people are not about to take a hydrogen car seriously until it gets treated like a real car."

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ha, neat :thumbup:

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make it madd JDM yo0oo0, then itl go like like 20 times it yoyo (joke)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The officer had a bit of a green streak, and once he realized the nature of the car he was going to let the council member go without a warning.
"i know you were doing 75mph in a residential area, but you werent polluting, so i'm going to let you go"

lame ass f**king cops

and the council member should be slapped publicly

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so everytime a cop sees one of those, they'll pull them over to "check it out" and let them go?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that's a cool story :thumbup:

but where does one buy hydrogen for their car at and isn't it like very expensive still?

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo honda gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
"i know you were doing 75mph in a residential area, but you werent polluting, so i'm going to let you go"

lame ass f**king cops

and the council member should be slapped publicly
:word:

im gunna get one just so i can go 90 through school zone, WHILE children are present! :twisted:

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am buying one, once they are released.