putting on the header....but this isn't good haha

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I keep stripping the corner bolt by the a/c compressor. I've tried a 12mm 6 point and 12 point. None fit. Both deep and shallow. Still. Nothing fits. I got every other bolt off fine except this corner one. I tried 13mm, too big.

wtf? Nothing is fitting on this damn bolt. I tried hammering the 12mm on and it still keeps stripping it. I already sprayed it down with wd-40 earlier. I can't even fit damn wrenches down in there.

What...the...f**k.....

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
grab that muther f**ker..........GL with that.....

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EVERY bolt holding the header onto the car besides that one is off. This is f**king annoying. it's not budging.

ho bag

5+ Year Member
Put some heat to it and hammer a smaller socket on it and giver.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No room for a hammer.

1 of them is basically a round nub now...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
freaking noobs :roll:

:lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
grab some vice grips, clamp em on, and best of luck.
No room for those either.

1 of the nuts that's rusted is the one beneath the little tab for the heatshield. So i can't f**king fit ANYTHING in under there besides a deep socket and socket wrench.

The other nut is the far one by the a/c compressor. Can't f**king fit anything down in that corner either because the a/c compressor / belt bracket and the header runner.

I'm just saying f**k it. I'll just leave my car on jackstands for the day. I'll fix it either later after work tonight or tomorrow when my friends are free to help me. Gonna go run to Honda for now and pick up new studs and nuts.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Headers wont give your D series power. OMG you are soo n000b, omg you are going to hell... Buy an engine dampener, buy better tires!

(just quoting how you get in Intake threads) :P

Oh, and buy some rims.

ryanM

if the heat shield tab is in your way, hammer that b***h off... they are only held on by 2 tack welds..

i hammered them off of my stock y8 header..

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cut the header to get the bolts off. you can also try those stripped nuts things at sears or walmart.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Headers wont give your D series power. OMG you are soo n000b, omg you are going to hell... Buy an engine dampener, buy better tires!

(just quoting how you get in Intake threads) :P

Oh, and buy some rims.
I bought this header because my stock one rusted off by the cat and no longer could keep a good seal. Then 1 of the bolts holding the header to the cat snapped in half with some of the bolt still in the header. So I couldn't get a full "seal" even though it wouldn't hold one anyways. I figured I might as well buy something new instead of buying another used OEM header.

You are a noob. You're actually having a debate on whether to go CAI or SRI on a Honda. And I would buy rims if I had the money. But I'm tight right now considering I'll have to pay for tuition this fall, help my dad pay for my insurance, and pay off my credit card bills.

if the heat shield tab is in your way, hammer that b***h off... they are only held on by 2 tack welds..

i hammered them off of my stock y8 header..
Yeah I was hammering at it earlier because I was frustrated and they seemed to move a bit. I'll have to give that a shot tomorrow. Too late now. Just got home from work.

My buddy has a s**t ton of tools / equipment so we're just gonna get at it Sunday and torch the f**kers and hope they just come off easy after that.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought asians were supposed to be good at working on cars? :lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I thought asians were supposed to be good at working on cars? :lol:
f**k man... I spent 2 hours f**king with the stock header just because those 2 lousy ass rusted nuts. I took the other 7 nuts off, the 14mm down by the middle of the header, and the 2 by the end of the header in less than 3 minutes..... :roll:.

Hopefully they'll come off when my buddy torches em and tries to get em off that way.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did Honda have the parts in stock?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
should always use pb blaster
:werd: but I think he is having a problem with fitting the socket :???:

Anyway! All this crying over robearracing and you can't even get the header on in a timely fashion :lol:

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:word: Try the gator grip or some extractor sockets. You can get a set of extractor sockets at lowe's or home depot for around $20