qiuck tranny question.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i've got a 95 civic ex with a d16z6 with a s20 trans. my trans went out so i'm replacing it with a 99 s40 ex trans. i figured since the trans is out i might as well replace the throw-out and pilot bearings just to be safe. the question is, do i need the bearings for the 95 ex or the 99 ex? also i know it will bolt right up but is there anything else i will need or do i just need to swap my mounts over to the new trans and bolt it in?

EDIT: ignore the bearing question. apparently they use the same ones.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
throwout bearing and pilot bearing are the same thing i beleive, just two different names for some reason...

Im pretty sure you wont need to worry about the mounts..

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
throwout bearing and pilot bearing are the same thing i beleive, just two different names for some reason...

Im pretty sure you wont need to worry about the mounts..
the throw-out bearing and pilot bearing are two different bearings. your thinking throw-out bearing and release bearing. (which is the same thing)

the 96-00 uses a different style mount then the 92-95 mount which is why i would need the one from my current trans.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the throw-out bearing and pilot bearing are two different bearings. your thinking throw-out bearing and release bearing. (which is the same thing)

the 96-00 uses a different style mount then the 92-95 mount which is why i would need the one from my current trans.
:word:

Both pilot and release bearing will be the same.