quality header or new clutch?

DirtyMcDirt

rock the squishy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just had a quick question on your guys opinions. was reading a thread earlier claiming that a lightened flywheel and clutch would be a better performance upgrade then i/h/e. so far ive got an intake and exhaust and was looking into purchasing a header but after reading that thread it got me thinking. my clutch is slowly going out on me but will be fine for daily driving for a while so i wasn't gonna replace it anytime soon but i will if it gives better power then a header. suggestions???

List of mods so far:
JDM B16A SiR II
8lb flywheel
AEM Intake
ES tuning exhaust
high flow cat

thanks in advance.

*theDirtiest

D Grade

NOT Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its a coin toss, either will benifit you right now. You said your clutch is on the way out, so that would be #1 priority IMO. I'd go with an ACT heavy duty clutch and street disk to pair up with that lightweight flywheel you've already got. If you think your clutch can wait, go with a nice quality header to free up and add more hp. An OEM JDM ITR header would be anice compliment to your setup. Maybe a 4-2-1 Mugen, Spoon, or Comptech header.

BTW, a clutch/flywheel combo won't add hp, it will free up hp and make your car a bit more "peppier" to drive. Less weight on the rotating mass equals faster reving, and better acceleration.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
a clutch does not GIVE you power. it may, however, decrease drivetrain power loss.

DirtyMcDirt

rock the squishy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
a clutch does not GIVE you power. it may, however, decrease drivetrain power loss.
Thanks for clarifying that. thats what i meant =) would i see more power gains with a new header or more gains through less power loss from a more aggresive clutch.

*theDirtiest

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u have plans of going turbo get the clutch..if not i would still get the clutch...

DirtyMcDirt

rock the squishy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boost plans are on hold indefinately. Got an extra turbo laying around but too expensive to put in use right now so basically going all motor. how'd you guys get the impressioni was gonna boost?

*theDirtiest

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats just what i would do, go w/ the comptech header