quater mile

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
please... I was able to run mid 15's in my dx hatch with just an intake, cx is much lighter with same engine and if he had more mods, I'd say he'd be around the same. Course it takes a good driver to pull a mid 15 in a dx.
When did you car ever run good enough, or when did you ever run your car?

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am going with mid 16's.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
please... I was able to run mid 15's in my dx hatch with just an intake, cx is much lighter with same engine and if he had more mods, I'd say he'd be around the same. Course it takes a good driver to pull a mid 15 in a dx.
Guys he must be talking about an 1/8th mile in mid 15's, a dx hatch with an intake and being gutted should run mid 16's if your lucky

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Suanico said:
Guys he must be talking about an 1/8th mile in mid 15's, a dx hatch with an intake and being gutted should run mid 16's if your lucky
:wak: No!

Trey99EK said:
When did you car ever run good enough, or when did you ever run your car?
Down at maple groove at some kinda little supra get together. Remember when I had it stripped?

EDIT: Opps, I mean E-Town

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No and No, but I think I remember you saying about it being stripped once. I may have been drunk though. Now with your build up you will run 15's I pray, unless your tune sucks.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trey99EK said:
No and No, but I think I remember you saying about it being stripped once. I may have been drunk though. Now with your build up you will run 15's I pray, unless your tune sucks.
nucka please... It'll run better then that. Chris is tuning my car, so you know the tune won't suck. Are you doubting Redshift?

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
high 16's but go to the track and prove me wrong

habitat307

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i'd have to say high 16's or 17.. i used to have the CX engine, and omg it was a slow piece of crap. your not gonna run a 14 or 15 with a 70hp engine. im sorry.

edit: whoops, i guess you have the 6th gen CX... i had the 5th gen. my bad. i guess the cx and dx engines are the same in 6th gen? cuz they aren't in the 5th gens..

kwtorbe

5+ Year Member
Trey99EK said:
That should run a 8-9. In a go kart.
I'd bet on high 16s or (most likely) 17s.--these cars were built for fuel economy, not acceleration.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How do you consider yourself a good driver? You should not use your clutch and slam the gears, it takes up less time lol

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
The CX model has the shittiest trannys ever, so I would say 16's if your lucky..but if you go to the track you'd probably going to get 17s.

The Cx is non-VTEC with stupid long gears. I had one in my car before the K, you do over 80mph in 2nd gear. Maybe with an EX swap VTEC and the better gears you might be able to hit 16s. I know a kid around here that finally broke into the 15s (15.99) with an EX EG coupe with I/H/E ghetto fuel, VTEC and igition tuning.. But in any case your car is slow no matter how you look at it.

ChewiSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ way to be truthful man, someone had to tell you.

catsman72

5+ Year Member
DigitalShift said:
The CX model has the shittiest trannys ever, so I would say 16's if your lucky..but if you go to the track you'd probably going to get 17s.

The Cx is non-VTEC with stupid long gears. I had one in my car before the K, you do over 80mph in 2nd gear. Maybe with an EX swap VTEC and the better gears you might be able to hit 16s. I know a kid around here that finally broke into the 15s (15.99) with an EX EG coupe with I/H/E ghetto fuel, VTEC and igition tuning.. But in any case your car is slow no matter how you look at it.
i found out that when i almost hit 70mph in second.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i have a 97 Cx hatch.
with intake, clutch, short throw, and cat back i ran a 17.4
if i worked on my reaction time i prolly coodve gotten into the high 16's

so all you fools saying 15's are lying

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont see what everyone is arguing about.. i kno the 1/4 mile time on a stock civic.. slow.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wmertz said:
i dont see what everyone is arguing about.. i kno the 1/4 mile time on a stock civic.. slow.
agreed. the only way to find out what your 1/4 time would be is to get off your ass and go find out.