Question about foglights.

Tawine

What lightbulb can I get for my yellow fogs? I want to get the right one when I go to the parts store.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What year is ur civic? Regular halogens don't really come in colors. Ur avg store really only cares about size. For example the EG civic aka 92-95 uses an H3 bulb. Color only matters for HIds. By if ur fogs are yellow then any light colors put through them will be distorted. For example I put 6k HIDs in m yellow housing foglights and got a monster green look. Check my sig if u want pics.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have no idea what the dude above me is saying but the correct response is your bulb for your foglights are H3 and if you wish to have yellow light then look for Nokya hyper yellow. I have had a set for going on 3 years now and work great and have a deep yellow that works well with clear housings.

Tawine

I have no idea what the dude above me is saying but the correct response is your bulb for your foglights are H3 and if you wish to have yellow light then look for Nokya hyper yellow. I have had a set for going on 3 years now and work great and have a deep yellow that works well with clear housings.
My housings are yellow, so those Nokya will look great. Thanks.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
According to your profile you have a 99? So yes, it's H3 like takeachance stated.

I've personally had PIAA Crystal Ion's for...I don't even know anymore...if I had to guess, over 4-5 years, and they're still going. Very bright as well. I can drive with just them on. They're yellow with hints of purple and blue at certain angles. I have Honda OEM fogs too (clear lenses) so it's best of both worlds ;).

Tawine

According to your profile you have a 99? So yes, it's H3 like takeachance stated.

I've personally had PIAA Crystal Ion's for...I don't even know anymore...if I had to guess, over 4-5 years, and they're still going. Very bright as well. I can drive with just them on. They're yellow with hints of purple and blue at certain angles. I have Honda OEM fogs too (clear lenses) so it's best of both worlds ;).
I wish I could find a site for OEM Honda Parts. If you think the PIAA H3's are better bulbs I'll look into that. I still need to wire the fog light switch ...