Question About Front Strut Bar

civicracer2218

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
post up a picture..

comptech always get a thumps up from me, i got one of their product..

will do once the weather is good and i clean up my engine bay...very very dirty. hehe but yeah i love their products too. next investment, comptech rear sway bar. 8)

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats what i got, the comptech sway/tie bar, its great.. it made my car drive much better.

marc111

I ♥ My SEDAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just look for a used one man if you really like that brand

civicracer2218

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a good idea but its pretty hard to find a used one...know where i might be able to get one?

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
dont get dc, they are crap, you can bend those with your hands.
I can vouch for this!! I have DC on mine, it doesn't improve the steering much and that thing bends way too easily.

Kryten

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i didnt have much to spend and i got a stock '00 SI strut bar for $10 from a friend. I had to drill the holes and run bolts and nuts through the towers to secure the bar down. Took all of 20 min start to finish, and it has made a HUGE difference in the handling charachteristics of my 98 EX 2dr.

this is something all civics should have done is have a strut bar installed.

civicracer2218

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn..i know the front one goes for over $300 NEW...i dont want to spend more then $150-200 on the back. if you find one, keep me posted.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
... for some reason i'm a lot more interested in stiffening the rear over the front

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I need to work on the rear more. I have a lower rear tie bar, but didn't notice a bit of difference so I'm gonna next get an upper strut bar and sway bar. See how well those improve the rear stiffness. Just have to get the money to fix my car door first, and pay all my f'in bills before I f**k my credit up.

civicracer2218

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i heard comptech has a rear strut bar/sway bar combo thats supposed to be pretty good...supposed to be super stiff and super pricey...find a used one and you'll be a lucky man