Question about hoods (CF)

legion

digital agent
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I just got a carbon fiber hood. I was wondering how necessary you guys think that rubber lining under the front part of the hood is.

I don't have my old hood anymore cuz it got totally messed up in the accident. I thought a new rubber lining comes with the CF hood, but I guess you need to get the one from your original hood. I called a Honda dealership, and it's around 40 bucks.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

true

uhh.. yea.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for $40 i would get it.. dont think you HAVE to have it.. but its not really like its that expensive either to possibly keep some water out ;)

imp0rtfre4k

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm does the rubber lining go into the hood like in a groove or just sit on it? if it sits on it u might have a gap and it will look wierd. as long as it doesnt rattle and it sits tight it should be fine without it... i mean who wants to waste $40 on something thats not necessary?

but yet again... i pretty much made up some bullshit so i can get closer too 100 posts lol

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd go with it, it's a water seal.....but then again, you live in so cal..... so whatever....

-Eran out.

Harut9161

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would buy it...only 40 bucks...it will be helpfull in the long run

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
imp0rtfre4k said:
hmm does the rubber lining go into the hood like in a groove or just sit on it? if it sits on it u might have a gap and it will look wierd. as long as it doesnt rattle and it sits tight it should be fine without it... i mean who wants to waste $40 on something thats not necessary?

but yet again... i pretty much made up some bullshit so i can get closer too 100 posts lol
...wow... I actually thought you knew what you were talking about for a second.. Good Job!..lol...

DelSho

i love gooold!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get it, i think it's worth the money. Or you could check out some wrecking yards to see if you can snag one dirt cheep.

eboi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where and how much did the hood cost? looks good btw

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if i were you i would get it.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah it wouldnt hurt to put one on, you dont really need it though

lanojp1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i tried putting my stock one onto my CF hood, the holes drilled in the CF hood wouldnt support the clips from the stock, they need to be drilled out more..

dipset891

whats really good?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for 40 bucks just be on the safe side and get it

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how bout your put your question about hoods in the right section

*moved to exterior/bodykits/detailing*

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd say get it, the stock one has it for a reason

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont have one on either of my hoods.... nothing has ever happened.... plus there is no way to attach it to your CF hood...