question about speakers

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they wont be bolt in, you'll have to make custom mounts.

Dozer313

In pure bliss
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6 1/2 wont bolt in all the way around?

wisie

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm,
Just wondering if there is anyway i can get passed this problem?
Can i make the hole bigger or isn't there the room?

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can do a little bit of cutting with a dremel, it'd never hurt anyone. My buddy and I made custom mounts out of the stock plastic enclosures for his audiobahns which were huge.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wisie said:
sounds good, might try using spacers..
yeah. we had to use spacers because the magnet was so massive.

Dozer313

In pure bliss
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on cardomain.com's little install guuide. it said 6 1/2 are good for front an rear. easy install. no cuttin or nething. Is this true?

wisie

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm taking off my door panels on the weekend to check out the size, but i doubt car domains thoughts on the size but we will see!

4thengine

Acne Records Rep.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1. That price is WAY too high for those speakers

2. When I bought my car, spacers were already installed (with blown speakers) When I put Alpines in to replace them, the spacers were barely adequate.

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5th gen civic speakers are 5 1/4 rounds in the front and 6 1/2 rounds in the back.....no mods unless the speaker magnet is big....not sure if coupes and hatchys are the same....sorry

92projecthatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mark7901 said:
5th gen civic speakers are 5 1/4 rounds in the front and 6 1/2 rounds in the back.....no mods unless the speaker magnet is big....not sure if coupes and hatchys are the same....sorry
I dont know where you are getting your information from but all 92-95 Honda Civics have 6 1/2 all the way around. Unless you have a cheap ass hatchback like mine which doesn't even have rear speakers in it. You can get a normal sized 6 1/2 in the factory mount but the only problem is that most aftermarket 6 1/2's made today are actually a little oversized. Not to mention if you want a speaker with any form of power handeling the magnets are much larger than stock so you have to cut the back of the plastic piece off and it basicly makes it into a spacer.

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
92projecthatch said:
I dont know where you are getting your information from but all 92-95 Honda Civics have 6 1/2 all the way around. Unless you have a cheap ass hatchback like mine which doesn't even have rear speakers in it. You can get a normal sized 6 1/2 in the factory mount but the only problem is that most aftermarket 6 1/2's made today are actually a little oversized. Not to mention if you want a speaker with any form of power handeling the magnets are much larger than stock so you have to cut the back of the plastic piece off and it basicly makes it into a spacer.
hmmm...where could I be getting my info about a 5th gen civic....um, maybe cause I own one and changed the speakers both in the door and the rear...but you know...that doesnt mean anything.....my setup was 5 1/4 front (stock) and 6 1/2 rear (stock)...

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mark7901 said:
hmmm...where could I be getting my info about a 5th gen civic....um, maybe cause I own one and changed the speakers both in the door and the rear...but you know...that doesnt mean anything.....my setup was 5 1/4 front (stock) and 6 1/2 rear (stock)...
My 94 had the same crappy 6.5 Pioneers in the door as the rear deck. Stock. I had to cut the back of the adaptor off to fit the Polks in but I assure you, they are the same size. 5.25's will fall inside my door if I tried. Maybe it's a stereo option or factory where it's built difference.

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
My 94 had the same crappy 6.5 Pioneers in the door as the rear deck. Stock. I had to cut the back of the adaptor off to fit the Polks in but I assure you, they are the same size. 5.25's will fall inside my door if I tried. Maybe it's a stereo option or factory where it's built difference.

Possibly the stero option. The car came with a Blaupunkt stereo and 5 1/4 in the front. I cannot fit 6 1/2's in the front, I would need to cut into the door. Oh well, just goes to show every model can be different....

rUdGrICk

92'cIvIc vX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Have Mine On The Sides Of The Driver And Passager On The Bottom