Question about Under Drive Pulleys

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sup,

I just bought some aem tru power under drive pulleys, What performance increase can I expect from it?

And another question, I also got the new AEM V2 Intake anyone know what kinda horse power either of these are giving?

Blare

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't help you with the underdrive pulleys. I think it gives like 5hp maybe? I dono. The V2 I'm not too sure of either.. 5-10hp prolly.

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stay away from underdrive pulleys most dont have a harmonic dampner. Will cause problems in the long run
if you wanted one get your stock shaved down, but thats onlyif you want to lose AC and ps
orjust one
i have a stocker shaved for just the alt because i have no ps or ac

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
w3rd, anyway, about horsepower...you'll get maybe 5 or 6 from both combined...Dont expect to feel an increase though while driving.

obxcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in my opinion, the pulleys are almost worthelss. i have them and they didn't really do anything

24-7

E Engineering
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
obxcivic said:
in my opinion, the pulleys are almost worthelss.

+1...don't screw around with those quick fix parts.

nightwalker

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only pulley that is going to give you any gains is the crank pulley. But on Honda engines, you don't want to get rid of the stock one. We just cut the stock one down to only the alternator groove, and it works fine.

V2 intake? blah blah blah. More money, blah blah blah. oooohhh, 2 horsepower at the wheels (if your lucky)

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nightwalker said:
only pulley that is going to give you any gains is the crank pulley. But on Honda engines, you don't want to get rid of the stock one. We just cut the stock one down to only the alternator groove, and it works fine.

V2 intake? blah blah blah. More money, blah blah blah. oooohhh, 2 horsepower at the wheels (if your lucky)
gotta start somewhere....I bet more than 3/4 the people on this site started with an intake.

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
besides the fact the gains are not much,, are there any negatives to pullies? im refering to just the crank. my reason, somehow my crank pulley has a chunk missing from one of the lips that holds the belts and its starting to eat away at my alt belt. i figure an aftermarket pulley would be a good option b/c getting an oem replacement (most likely dealer only) would be mad money, and it would be a b***h to go to a junkyard and pull one myself. (hopefully i wont need an answer here b/c i will find a z6 to swap, but just in case...)

civicex23

Yes, I know she's hot!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I havent had any problems w/ mine. I have a unorthodox underdrive pulley and some AEM Tru-Power pulleys. Ive notice a quicker jump from the start and an increase in gas mileage which is always great. I'm guessing like 5-10 Hp total gain which is pretty nice. Hope that helps some.

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
another quick one, i have power steering and a/c. my searches havent shown any aftermarket that retain both, usually a/c or both are eliminated (not an option for me) anyone know of any companies that have both? or maybe i should start looking for an oem pulley...

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tainted Ramen said:
gotta start somewhere....I bet more than 3/4 the people on this site started with an intake.
I had my intake on the weekend after I got the car. I think the pulleys are just to make it look like you have some real engine work. Ditch them put money towards header.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok so does changing the pulleys do something?

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gsr started with a snail haha, motor was stock for a year until i bought everything i wanted
hatch started with a swap...
i dont mess around

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got apexi headers and a full cat back apexi exhuast :X
i'll check into the crank pulley..

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicex23 said:
I havent had any problems w/ mine. I have a unorthodox underdrive pulley and some AEM Tru-Power pulleys. Ive notice a quicker jump from the start and an increase in gas mileage which is always great. I'm guessing like 5-10 Hp total gain which is pretty nice. Hope that helps some.

That's cool, did you install em yourself?