quick release help.....

touge_monster

need help.....every since i got my quick release i was never able to find a bag to hold my steering wheel while i am at the stores, gym, etc....i have tried different kinds of sport bags but it wont fit....any info would be very helpful...thanks

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

A slim quick release will help.

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
That must be so annoying to carry your steering wheel like that. Why not hide it in your car? Like get a box with a lock big enough and store it under the carpet in tht trunk. Just to give you other options.

Sent from my phone

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That seems ridiculous to carry it with you imo... Im with mike

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Break in, get the steering back out, drive off, strip the car, theives ftw.

Or they'll just use their own steering wheel anyway. Most security measure for a civic or integra only stops or slows the average theif. If you have a quick release, you're already attracting a better theif. Walking off with your wheel or hiding it in the car only protects your steering wheels value when you're using the most common type of quick releases

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What about those hub locks? Do they work at all?

Sent from my phone
the locks that NRG makes has only 3-5 keys, i don't remember exactly. So like most security measures, it just helps to slow things down. You don't hear many stories of them being broken though, only other keys unlocking them.

touge_monster

the locks that NRG makes has only 3-5 keys, i don't remember exactly. So like most security measures, it just helps to slow things down. You don't hear many stories of them being broken though, only other keys unlocking them.
yea i know nrg only makes 3-5 different keys for the lock, that why i took it to a lock smith to put in a different lock because even he told me that the locks nrg put in it sucks and to never get them.

I have tried the sport bag above but i think my steering wheel might be too bug for it (quick release not the problem)

i can't leave the steering wheel inside my car....never if someone is gonna try to take the car or just take some stuff only......

i have a couple of kill switches hidden in different areas, alarm, clutch lock and brake lock (same thing) but i have two for each one....just need something for my steering wheel...maybe i will custom a sport bag using bride or recaro fabric material to hold my steering wheel....thanks guys and gals..

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
My auto teacher once told me that back in the day, people used to put some kind of spikes on the door handles so that if someone wants to break in, they'll slice their fingers. It's pretty extreme and not sure if its legal haha.

Sent from my phone

touge_monster

My auto teacher once told me that back in the day, people used to put some kind of spikes on the door handles so that if someone wants to break in, they'll slice their fingers. It's pretty extreme and not sure if its legal haha.

Sent from my phone
that is a very good idea but i would hate to forget about the spikes and hurt myself