QwikXRs '96 CX HB "C'muter"

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CX trim comes with NO power steering ;) No power anything, actually!

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Latest picture:

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update:
This past weekend, I installed the control arms, and "upgraded" to GSR brakes, and installed a Skunk2 dual bend shifter. Two weeks ago, I trim-blacked the skirts and side mouldings to get rid of the 'grey-look' ;) That's about it, right now. Still trying to find some S2K seats or something nice/cool. I've solidly decided to not install the BRIDES..

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn dude, your car is nice. reminds me alot of mine!

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks.. Maybe one day, I'll get over the whole gas-mileage thing and put a little more power in it.. ;)

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dang maybe the springs need to settle but 2.25F 2R should be a LOT LOT lower then that.

slammed ek9

5+ Year Member
qwikxr said:
But, if I can find wiring info, I want to install my S-AFC, and lean it out some, to help with the fuel economy.. Just havent found a schematic to show the wiring..
Just wondering if you have seen any improvements with gas mileage witht eh S-AFC got the same motor due to daly driving about 100 miles everyday and thinking of getting the same S-AFC if it helps.

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coming along nice man wish i had a EK and a job

Quebec_Civic

JDM? Is that A Brand?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
qwikxr said:
Ha! I've got you fooled! lol
I'm so broke, I can't even pay attention!

Thanks for the props, though ;)

Order of next mods are:
Hood (prolly CF, not positive, though), roof replacement (hail damage), rear wing, front/rear lips, CF hatch, and other little tidbits.. maybe a CTR grill, EK side mouldings, painted skirts and door handles, and so CF Spoon-style mirrors.. :P

your kidding me right? so broke.. and look at what your ordering :|

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fhcRubarb-
I agree.. but it was quite high, in stock form.. Regardless, it's perfect for me, and the roads in which I commute on.. Would I like it lower? Hell yeah.. But it isn't worthwhile to me at this point in time..

slammed ek9-
No it isnt worthwhile; I removed mine.
Reason is, that the ECU essentially ignores the MAP sensor and listens mostly to the OXS, while in closed loop (~80% throttle and under).. At over that percentage, it stops paying attention to the OXS and pays more attention to the MAP.
So, while I am normally at 15-30% throttle during the commute, and I had the SAFC pulling 15% air meter, the OXS told the ecu "we're lean" and the ecu adds fuel.. Bottom line, I was pissing in the wind, for my use.. I'll burn a chip with leaner tables, soon..

Quebec Civic-
Dude. .. I raise a family (wife, two kids) on a single income, about the total of a 7-11's cashier! (no offense, people!)
So yes, it is a struggle, and money management is key..

EDIT: Oh yeah.. Here's a nightshot (yes, blurry, go figure!) of my freshly installed GSR cluster with amber illumination conversion..
Wiring - easy.. Fitment - not so easy..

Last edited:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^need a few day shots.

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man you turned your car from crap to a pretty nice looking machine. Keep it up with the positive direction. I just never felt the first set of rims.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dang d00d, you're making some sick progress. keep up the g00d work.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Import - workin on 'em

Tye - thanks.. The first set of wheels rocked on VWs, and as I said before, they were holdovers, and a far cry better than the 13" steelies ;)

Genuine - thanks! I try to do little somethings to it when i can.. slow progression..

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alot of people have been asking me about the GSR cluster swap and if I soldered a GSR harness in place.. I started to, but decided not..
It is, BY FAR, easier/quicker to repin the 96-00 plugs to correspond with the GSR cluster, than it is to cut/solder.. Literally took my like 15 minutes studying the wiring, and 20 minutes to repin both blue plugs. Everything worked like a champ!
Made little mounting brackets from old radio mounting straps.. Used the 'no longer used' speed clips from in the dash where the original EJ cluster screwed to the top, placed those on the GSR cluster, and used the same corresponding screws to fasten the new brackets to the cluster.
the lower corners of the cluster trim bezel do not fit perfect, but this weekend, if time permits, I'll modify the bezel to fit the GSR cluster's profile, more accurately..
also did the red backlit conversion at the same time...

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good man, i too would love to see some day shots of the interior and exterior. good work. love the Bride seats you have, god i wanna have sex wit them. =)

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
heh, thanks... i'll get some soon.. The Brides, I nixed.. my ass too wide for 'em! lol
Ended up with some temp GSR velour ones (black) until I decide otherwise..

JBagMan3

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your car is movin' along, and seems to be going good too. After reviewin this, it makes me wanna update my thread about my car.

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dood, did you have all this s**t laying around from an old build or what? cause you've done much to it fast. Anyway, love your seats

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no, none of it was laying around.. Just started collecting stuff after I bought the hatch.. ;)
Thanks!