Racing Tires / Drifting Tires ???

Dice316

I have a 93 EX on 18" (the tires are rubberbands) i have a fun habbit of after it rains taking it out and using the wet floor to my advantage =] a few weeks ago when i took it to a shop to get somthing done the machanic said i'd need new back tires soon...the front ones how ever bought at the same time he said were fine...so even thou its a FWD car i was wondering if its a good idea or not to put racing tires on the front and drifiting tires on the back. 1st off is there a difference between racing tires and street racing tires??? or is just called racing tires (smooth track) and street tires (miami ground)??? and any suggestions on name brands as well as names for drifiting tires? (would drifting tires be seperated into fwd and rwd tires???)

anyway the car is fine the way it is but for the near future i would as you can tell want the front where the power goes i want strong tires for power/pulling on the street (o why didnt those japaness make rwd civics *tear*) and for the back tires i want somthing that will mabye take some abuse n slide with out rubbing down too much...

Thanx

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fail...

as of racing tires you only goin to get a few hundred miles on them before they wear out... as of drifting tires idk...

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok buzzbombtom.

OP get drift tires for the rear and racing tires for the front cuz that is what real fast and furious civic owners do.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Yeah, FWD drifting. I remember those good ol' days... of driving down the road with flat spots on your tires from yankin' your e-brake and holding it up...

Wasn't too fun.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My thoughts on drifting in a civic...

Dice316

@31dev LMAO

n its not that im drifiting alot (not so much as powersliding) u can drift a fwd its just...alot less controll...ok more like no control lol but still thats y im saying if drift tires would help it slide better as it is the back tires are a little bigger than the front tires n im sure that helps the drive in general

ok so racing tires dont last long...any good name brands any of you use or hear are good? cuz i got these tires (i 4get the name brand but i got them fr a firestone shop...no ther no firestone tires) i got them about early last nov...n here it is 9months later n i have to get new back ones soon...so i figured for the money if its better i'd rather pay more n get better tires and hey why not have tires do what i want each one of them to do.....n ya i kno im dreaming but i'd niggerrig the civc to make it awd b4 i buy a seperate car (rwd) for just drifting) i just like takin corners fast (XD)

1993civicDX

Well if you re pulling your ebrake and power sliding around all the corners you can, of course you are going to wear out your tires lol....

just buy a cheap set of tires and a cheap 240sx or something off craigslist.... something you can actually drift since you want to so badly...