Rattle can orange EG hatch, Turbo D16z6, quickie build

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Finally got the orange hatch rolled into the garage. Someone came by and dropped off a deposit for me to drop the z6 I have sitting in the garage in along with a stock motor turbo set up (hence my WTB thread). Original plan was to bring this hatch back to life but hey... You all know "everything is for sale" if you follow any of my other threads so... It's a quick build and be gone thread :thumbs up

Details.. Car is painted road cone orange. I HATE when people spray paint cars!!! :evil: Do it right, or don't do it at all. My freakn' Integra is the same way... So dumb (but not orange). Plan is to pull the head off and do a cometic head gasket and then put ARP head studs in after I take everything to work and hot tank them. Got a trans being pulled from a local junk yard for $250 (car came with out one) so once that's here and the motor is back together, i'll drop it in. Hopefully the turbo kit will be here by then (provided I find what i'm looking for at a reasonable price). Other than that, nothing else is being touched unless the buyer pays for it.

So anyway, over the next 2-3 weeks i hope to have everything done and wrap up this quickie thread and move on to the next one. :cool:

PICS!

Rolled in!

And cleaned up the garage

Had the car in the garage for the last 2 or 3 days but couldn't do much while all the snow was melting off. Still a sheet of ice under the car from the snow melting 3 days later. 70 degrees in the garage, below zero on the floor.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Where the pics? In for this!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No pics homeskillet.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Dang it.. I thought that would happen. I created new albums in photobucket and screwed up all the links. That blows because my red EJ1 thread has like a bagillion pics :(

EDIT... FML with the major pic fail I just did with my other build thread. I'm so pissed right now

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Boosted z6 on stock internals, put back together, and roll in the next one. Pretty simple. It does have some coilovers on it which i'm going to pull off and put on the Acura I think. I have a set of EG springs which i've read are a direct swap, but i'd rather be safe than sorry and just make sure the stance is right on the Integra rather than put the springs on and find out it's off some how.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Got started on the motor rebuild today. Well... semi rebuild. The previous owner of the motor said it smoked so I didn't want to leave it smoking and sell my buyer a bunk motor so I've torn it down and plan to replace the piston rings, hot tank the head, gaskets/seals, and probably hot tank and tap the oil pan as well for oil feeds.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I didn't even know people built honda's in Alaska. Must be hard to get used parts locally. congrats

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm sure shipping is terrible, but at least it ain't Hawaii(shipping wise, weather wise you suck lol)

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Doing a little work today...

Dirty valves. Not the worst i've seen but i'll freshn' them up anyway since i have to replace the valve seals.

Wire wheel does the trick every time.

Knockn' em out!

Couldn't get the plug seals out so I decided to tape them off before blasting the VC. Cheap to replace I know, but i'm trying to get this thing back together and running next week. Plus they were in pretty good shape so...

Hot tank goodness! :thumbs up (Block coming up next)

Some turbo goodies! That turbo came from a buddy of mine. He wasn't sure what it was even from but he gave it to me for free so.. Still need the piping and probably a turbo.

emerican

Registered VIP
you said you need a turbo, but posted up a pic of a turbo you arent going to use the one your buddy gave you?
just curious and i would have replaced the plug seals personally

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I figure they were easy enough to replace if they leak in the future so i wasnt going to go out of my way to order a set and then wait for them to arrive. Plus I've already done more work on this thing than i told the new owner i was going to. For free no less. As for the turbo, I dont know yet. I need to look it over. Might not even be any good. Its been passed along so many times nobody could even tell me where it came from or what it went on. Guess we'll see

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do thr numbers say on the turbo? Looks like a mitsubishi turbo.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this
and i always forget where you are and alot of stuff has to be odered and waited on
im to used to either running 10 mins into town to get it from a parts store or most thing my friends would have new stuff and used stuff we trade around parts like theres no tommrw