Realign Front bumper 6th gen

dementor

5+ Year Member
Hi guys,
I have a 6th gen 2000 civic, and I lent my bro my car for an hour and he must have hit something, bumper is misalligned -- Pretty f*@$in annoying.
I know I know, i shouldn't have given him the car... you should see what his 2003 audi a4 looks like. :oops:

Anyways, here is the damage, can I realign the bumper myself without taking it to a body shop? There is a scratch, but I will try to fill it and buff it myself... It is just on 1 side...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks like you just need to tighten the screw that goes into the fender.

dementor

5+ Year Member
can you explain where those screws are? I'm not too familiar with fender installation.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
There is a plastic insert that goes into the fender, into which your screw through your bumper threads into your fender.

If you cannot close the gap that way you can bolt it together and close the gap better than it probably was before.:thumbs up

dementor

5+ Year Member
Thanks! Stupid question.... but where do I access the bolt? Do i have to pull the plastic/rubber out of the wheel well or what? This doesn't sound too hard as long as I can locate where it is attached =)

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whatever side your working on just turn the wheel inward (toward the engine) and look up under the fender. Can't miss it.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
If you do decide to bolt it and close the gap more, might want to take the wheel off, just to make it easier to do a good job.:thumbs up