Rear brake swap

mphscivic99

in progress
5+ Year Member
Ok so today my SS brake lines came in. Techna-fit kit for an SI. I installed the fronts without any problems. Then I get to the rears. Keep in mind I have a rear disk swap froma a 91 teg. For some reason the lines are too short.
This is as far as they will go.

Did I put the calipers on the wrong sides? It looks like it would fit if I swapped them cause then the lines would be routed over instead of under.
I tried routing them all kinds of ways. The might fit if I turn the banjo bolt but then they won't be seated in the groove.
When referring to sides is Left passenger or driver side cause I have a Left caliper on the drivers side.

This looks right cause the serial numbers aren't upside down

:hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: Arrrrrrrrrgggggghhhh Please help.

speedy_beedee

5+ Year Member
You need lines from a civic 1992-00 with rear disc. I ordered 93 si brake lines amd put them on my 97 hatch. MAKE SURE THEY GIVE YOU THE LINES FOR REAR DISC AND NOT DRUMS.(they did this to me afew times).

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mphscivic99 said:
Those are lines for an SI
if they are for a 99-00 si, then they should work, even if the rear disc is from an integra (as its the same ish). I say its manufacturers fault.

mphscivic99

in progress
5+ Year Member
ok so I noticed the packaging says the lines are for a 96-00 SI. WTF? 6th gen SIs were only made in 99-00. Also I compared the rear lines to the front and they are all the same length. Is this correct or should the rears be longer? The factory lines that cme with the 91 teg trailing arms fit perfectly and they are longer than the SS rears

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mphscivic99 said:
ok so I noticed the packaging says the lines are for a 96-00 SI. WTF? 6th gen SIs were only made in 99-00. Also I compared the rear lines to the front and they are all the same length. Is this correct or should the rears be longer? The factory lines that cme with the 91 teg trailing arms fit perfectly and they are longer than the SS rears
I believe the rear are supposed to be longer. I know for a fact that the lines are distinguishable from front / rear aka, you shouldnt have 4 lines the same length. Fitment has often been a probably will aftermarket steel braided lines for some reason. Id send em back and get another brand.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got goodridge SS lines for the CRX (rear disc conversion). :what:
I never had any problem with the rears. I did with the front because I bolted them up wrong. :oops:

mphscivic99

in progress
5+ Year Member
Well there's a place around here that sells import parts and turns out they had this exact same set only theirs had the right parts. I'm friends with the guy who owns the place and he said he would swap with me and just send the defective ones back on a claim.
I finally got them put on and they fit perfectly.

Too bad I have crap to do tonight or I'd finish up and take her for a spin. Oh well guess I'll just have to wait a few days.
Here's the reason why they wouldn't fit. As you can see one connector has more of 90 degree angle where as the other has only about a 30.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
interesting. Thats been a common problem with steel braided lines though.

Glad to see you got it worked out :thumbup: