rear wheel bearing replacement.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one of my bearings is going bad (if not already) when i drive the faster i would go the louder this noise would be, so i finally checked it out and on my pass side rear the wheel doesnt spin freely too well. well my question is how do i replace my bearing? any special tools?

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Youre sure its not a mechanical problem with the drum brake? I thought a rear wheel bearing was going bad on my 4th gen when it turned out to be that a tension spring had broken so the pads wouldn't reset, instead constantly contacting the drum.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm, im pretty sure its not the drum but ill check again.....later.

mines makes a whining noise, not really like brakes, but like the bearing is old or cloged. i wanna use this as an excuse to get a rear drum conversion but id rather just fix it and get my swap first.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
hmm, im pretty sure its not the drum but ill check again.....later.

mines makes a whining noise, not really like brakes, but like the bearing is old or cloged. i wanna use this as an excuse to get a rear drum conversion but id rather just fix it and get my swap first.
Mine made weird squeaky, grinding, whining noises too, all because of some f**king spring. It took me a while to notice it too when I was inspecting the brakes. f**king drum brakes...

But either way its always a good excuse to do a brake upgrade. Std, Lx, Hf and Dx brakes are pretty f**king pathetic.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Mine made weird squeaky, grinding, whining noises too, all because of some f**king spring. It took me a while to notice it too when I was inspecting the brakes. f**king drum brakes...

But either way its always a good excuse to do a brake upgrade. Std, Lx, Hf and Dx brakes are pretty f**king pathetic.
damn j000, i gotta go outside in this 105 degree weather and check it :lol:

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Replacing the bearing with rear disc is quite simple. With drum brakes, I don't know. They could be easy or quite the opposite.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Revolver said:
I know, thats what the second and third sentences were for.

Upgrade to discs.
i know, i was just saying. how much do conversions run for?

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Under $100 if you can find a good deal with somebody parting out a 4th gen Civic (or DA Teg) with rdb.