Red bulb on top of steering column

Mrclean

What is it? Also on left side above the hood release there is a black momentary push button that I can't figure what it does. Is this stock or something after market? Thanks

Teri

Respected
What is it? Also on left side above the hood release there is a black momentary push button that I can't figure what it does. Is this stock or something after market? Thanks
The red light on the steering column is for your car alarm. Your key remote will set your alarm. Push the lock button twice and it will set your alarm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mrclean

Aww ok, I replaced the battery in the remote and something is obviously broke because it doesn't work. Thanks

Teri

Respected
Try to get a new one and take it to a honda auto shop to get it programed. You will love this alarm system. When the alarm is set off it shuts the car down. Even your own key will not work. Until you use the remote to shut it off. I use mine every day.

Teri

Respected
Also want to mention that if you don't have the stock stereo system your alarm system won't work . Because the alarm and stereo are connected.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this sounds like an aftermarket alarm, most likely a cheap one or a really old model which you will find hard to buy a new remote for either case. the black push button on the kick panel below is most likely the valet button but you need to know the button combo for it to work.

start by pulling the paneling off and looking for the alarm brain, look for serial numbers and names then look for a matching remote and programming instructions. every honda in junyard that i have looked at with alarms they have all been no name brands so i would advise buying a new one if this is the case for you.