Remove Hub from Knuckle 98EX

ikillradio

I have a set of knuckles with the hubs and bearings intact from a 98EX. The hubs look like s**t and I'm trying to remove them from the knuckle to replace the hub bearing combo. How do you separate the hub from the knuckle, I can't seem to find a way to.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
has to be "pressed out" with... well... a press. take them to a shop and have it done... shouldnt be too costly.

ikillradio

has to be "pressed out" with... well... a press. take them to a shop and have it done... shouldnt be too costly.
Does that mean it's just forced together, let's say I had it removed do you need to have it pressed back together once the parts are collected

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
long long time bro .....

how is life?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does that mean it's just forced together, let's say I had it removed do you need to have it pressed back together once the parts are collected
yep... its press back together as well. i recommend cleaning the inside out before you install your new ones... less chance that dirt and dust will find its way into the new bearings.

ikillradio

Also: I placed the new rotors on the hubs just as a test fit and they seem to waver when spun, where as the old rusty ones spin perfectly. These are brand new aftermarket rotors, do I need to exchange them or do they have to be milled before use?