Removing orange from headlights?

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Is there anyway to remove the orange strip inside the 98 headlights? or should i just go get SiR's?

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the reflector? u have to heat the glue that holds the two pieces together and pry it open. Than all you do is unbolt the reflector.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
is the reflector the piece around the orange piece around the bulb or is the reflector the orange bar at the bottom?

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
either or both of them come off they have bolt's.O and while ur at it paint the Housing Gunmetal =)

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
actually i cant stand the black/gunmetal housings on civics, i think it looks cheap on most of em

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'll have to heat the lights to pull the front from the back. The cap over the turn signal has a screw on it as does the reflector strip.

I'd recommend replacing the bulb with an orange one if you want to remove the cap though so it's legal.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
will it look like these headlights you think?

i mean i know thats a 99-00 but do you think it will look similar if i just put an orange bulb in there?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No. It will still look like it's missing parts from inside. If you want 99-00 headlights then do the front end conversion or if you just want clear '96-'98 headlights they sell them on eBay.

Most local governments require you to have front reflectors. The orange stripe is your reflector. Turn signals generally have to be of an orange or yellow color on the front. No red on the front though it's allowed on the rear.