removing ps Help

turboz400

5+ Year Member
Ok i plan on removing the power steering , so let me get this right, u need to take the in and out line on the rack,, put hose to loop the lines , also do u have to add a breather or is a it just a brake resvior and fill it halfway with ps fluid and then put the cap on and its done, Is that all If not let me know what im missing , any chance anyone have the part # for the in and out lines on teh rack let me know, Thank you

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's something easier. Take the powersteering belt off, just keep the resevoir tank toped off. Unless you have to.

Jack ffr1846

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jason_guy_yeah said:
Here's something easier. Take the powersteering belt off, just keep the resevoir tank toped off. Unless you have to.

I wouldn't do that. That keeps the resistance of the fluid in the system and feels like.....when you lose your power steering.

You can either run a loop on the lines and don't worry about adding fluid as there's already enough in the rack...the loop is really just to catch fluid from spilling under the car...or just completely unplug and turn your steering wheel side to side to spit out the majority of fluid that would spill.

I've done this a number of times and every time left the lines open. No trouble at all. You won't miss your power steering, either. The cars are light enough to not need it.

jack

SmrCRX

5+ Year Member
Jack ffr1846 said:
I've done this a number of times and every time left the lines open. No trouble at all. You won't miss your power steering, either. The cars are light enough to not need it.

jack

Depending on the size of your rims, it's quite nice to have power steering..

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A bit off subject but, on stock tires- no problemo in the parking lot. On my aftermarket rims is a bit*&. But, I save a ton gas milage since my p/s is jacked up.