Reoccuring Ecu issue on swapped y5

MyLittleTeg

So to start off, I bought my civic about 6-8 months ago and the motor was basically in pieces and Frankenstein'd together. I done my first swap going from a 1998 D16Y8 to 1996 D16Y5. I used my y8 body, trans, and wiring harness with the y5 ecu (p2n-a22), and motor. I drove it for about 3-4 months with no issues ( besides not having great mpg on highway due to no egr wired in (about 30 instead of 40-44). I was okay with that but now on my way home from the store i lost engine power, very sluggish, and i pushed my clutch in to have my car immediately cut off followed by my ecu light flashing vigorously and my ecu clicking along with it. I reset my ecu and the car drove home after that. Figured it could have been a slight glitch with something but the car was running fine so i didnt look it to it too much. Now a week and 400 miles later it done the same thing....... So now im curious on what all it could be. had anyone had an issue with the cel and ecu making a clicking sound? I dont mind ordering a new ecu if that is the case but i would like to isolate the issue before jumping to conclutions and wasting $120 on something that might not be the issue. Any questions or input will help or if you need more information or in depth pictures, just let me know