Replacing Oil Pan Gasket Help

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I suggest using some sort of liquid sealant along with the oil pan gasket...

emerican

Registered VIP
^ i used a little when i did my oil pan gasket.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
^^ I used a ton! A little just wasn't enough... =) USE ULTRA BLACK IN THE CORNERS!!!!!! Best advice I've never been given

Riick

Do all engines require removing the header / pipe A? I'm replacing the pan on my D15B7 and it looks like I might be able to just remove the pipe A bracket (and flywheel cover) and then just slide the pan out from under. Will this not work?

emerican

Registered VIP
^^ I used a ton! A little just wasn't enough... =) USE ULTRA BLACK IN THE CORNERS!!!!!! Best advice I've never been given
only took a little bead all the way around with some extra in the corners was all it needed hasnt leaked one drop since.

emerican

Registered VIP
Do all engines require removing the header / pipe A? I'm replacing the pan on my D15B7 and it looks like I might be able to just remove the pipe A bracket (and flywheel cover) and then just slide the pan out from under. Will this not work?
i didnt remove any part of the header or exhaust when i did mine.

Ralph93

Civic child
ok, so Im new to this forum and new to my Civic 93' hatchback, and I have a really bad leak coming from my oil pan gasket. Can someone do a DIY on how to remove it. With details because Im having a hard time finding instructions on doing it.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude... research and you'll find a ton. And it's not rocket science.

Honda-bond ftmfw.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
don't know that you'll have enough room to slide it out without removing that exhaust pipe. and really, removing the exhaust pipe not that hard. Gives you more room to work, and when trying to put it all back together, easier to just go straight up with the pan/new gasket, than trying to slide around to save an extra 5 minutes.
And, unless your engine's super clean, don't want to chance knocking dirt, sludge, etc into your nice clean oilpan by sliding stuff around down there

JeffBel

Registered VIP
1- unbolt headers.
2- remove flywheel cover
3- drain oil
4- replace gasket add sealant
5 rebolt oilpan, flywheel cover, then headers
6-Forget to fill with oil and blow up you engine, that's what you get for not using google.

JKing106

1- unbolt headers.
2- remove flywheel cover
3- drain oil
4- replace gasket add sealant
5 rebolt oilpan, flywheel cover, then headers
6-Forget to fill with oil and blow up you engine, that's what you get for not using google.
+1

Clackity clack, with no oil it won't come back.

;)