replacing side mirrors

kid2006

Hello,

One of the side mirror on my 05 civic sedan was knocked off by someone recently. I managed to remove the broken leftover part of the mirror dangling on the side and unplug the power connector. I want to remove get those aftermarket side mirrors with LEDs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02-03-04-HONDA-CIVIC-COUPE-POWER-SIDE-MIRRORS-DIABLO-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aCivicQ7cYearQ3a2005QQhashZitem27b9abc923QQitemZ170618767651QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The OE power plug, coming out of my car has 3 wires to it and i have no idea which is positive, or negative. So the question here is, how do I wire aftermarket side LED mirrors.

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
A tester... either a nice fluke or a 5 dollar one from autozone. or just trial and error. You will also have to run wire for the turn signal or light or whatever you want to use the led for. just run a fuse tap from you under dash and plug it in(parking light fuse for on w/parking lights) Im not sure where to tap into the turn signal, it shouldn't be too hard, i know there are some threads floating around here talking about wiring up side turn signals. This is of course assuming that you dont already have turn signals on your oem mirrors, then its just a little trial and error or a tester and your good to go. post pics after you get those on, im curious how they will look, wouldn't put it on my car, but who knows, maybe it will look nice. good luck man.