Reputable Honda Part Brand

nvus94

New Civic Driver
What are some reputable companies to buy parts from? I have a 97 Civic Ex Coupe. And I'm talking about performance parts like intercoolers, turbos, suspension, sway bars, struts, etc.

Domo sol

Greddy for turbo and skunk2 for springs or coilovers

nvus94

New Civic Driver
Any other suggestions for parts? Motor mounts, throttle body, headers, exhaust, etc? Also what should I used to clean my engine bay?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good companies: Eibach springs, APEX'i (various), Skunk2 (various), Hasport mounts and more.

Companies to avoid… Blox, Blackworks, Raceland…

1nasty.teg

I like function form coil overs and turbo depends on application but precision Garrett and Greddy are good

Rmf replica header is pretty good too

Last edited by a moderator:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go-autoworks-store.com or rc autoworks for turbo stuff, function andd form are nice coilvers and brake cleaner or wd40 and a paint brush to clean the motor

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
suspension: Tein (not teins, no s), Progress, ground control-koni yellows

intake: AEM, K&N

Headers: DC

nvus94

New Civic Driver
Is extracting the engine to clean out the bay and block a long process or really hard? Can anyone link me the forum to that if there is one?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually like bwr they are moving up in the game.
I strongly disagree but to each their own. They pretty much just make copy parts and the thread is asking for "reputable" companies so IMO they can't really fall into that category. If you search around their is plenty of info about that and also their poor quality.

With that being said, I never have owned any of their parts (or will) so I can't personally speak to the quality.

2suthrn

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ditto on the aftermarket companies above...Rock Auto has great prices if you need OEM-type quality parts.

rtovar

Function 7 is good for LCAs and you could get an ASR sway bar to upgrade your suspension but you'll need a subframe brace.

emerican

Registered VIP
I have BWR parts and am happy with them
Also op i moved this thread out of the tech section unless its a technical questions please dont post it in tech

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I strongly disagree but to each their own. They pretty much just make copy parts and the thread is asking for "reputable" companies so IMO they can't really fall into that category. If you search around their is plenty of info about that and also their poor quality.

With that being said, I never have owned any of their parts (or will) so I can't personally speak to the quality.
Android phones took ideas from apple and improved them or took own way with what they had.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Support the companies that support the sport:

Avid Racing (mounts)
Precision turbos
Skunk2
Competition Clutch
Vibrant Performance (fab materials)