rev limit no good

webcamcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know how to disable the rev limiter on a 98 civic ex without using any big mods

Ace$nyper

and you want to do this why?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
webcamcivic said:
Does anyone know how to disable the rev limiter on a 98 civic ex without using any big mods
Get your ECU reflashed. Or a APEXi V-AFC.

Your Redline is there to prevent you froom going any higher. Going higher can cause you to float valves. Cuasing overlap and losing large amounts of power.

Not to mentin that when floating a valve its possible to have physical contact. IE: Piston hitting valves.

Ace$nyper

nd4sped said:
Get your ECU reflashed. Or a APEXi V-AFC.

Your Redline is there to prevent you froom going any higher. Going higher can cause you to float valves. Cuasing overlap and losing large amounts of power.
not to mention his sissy OEM cam wouldn't make power there so reving that high is utterly worthless

98civic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ace$nyper said:
not to mention his sissy OEM cam wouldn't make power there so reving that high is utterly worthless
unless you want to waste gas...

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats it called again when your motor is built so there is no possible way for your piston to hit your valves?

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
non-interference i think is the correct term (but our motors are not)

webcamcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to do this because i have a fully buit head that can rev up to 8500 rpm but i dont have the money to buy any electronics to adjust it

Ace$nyper

webcamcivic said:
I want to do this because i have a fully buit head that can rev up to 8500 rpm but i dont have the money to buy any electronics to adjust it
soooo do you have the cam to make it worth it?

before you bother taking it that high you'll need a good cam

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go down a very steep hill with your car in gear at wide open throttle. Ignore the buh-buh-buh-buh-buh sound.

Get a Ford Lightning or a Dodge Ram SRT/10. push or pull your Civic through the cutout.

...or do it the right way, save your money and get your ECU flashed.

Ace$nyper

webcamcivic said:
i work at web camshafts and my boss made me a custom cam.
ok so thats safe to assume it'll work in that head well =)
Get ECU flash though trust me its 100000x smarter then cutting revlimit for 2 major reasons it'll be adjusting your A/F for the whole car's powerband and 2nd you'll still have a limit just much higher i doubt your head will take 11000rpm know what i mean