Review: RainX Headlight Restoration

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
So I was at Checker Autoparts, or O'reilly or whatever they are now, getting some oil and I walked through the detailing section and remembered I needed to clean up my headlights. I grabbed the RainX brand headlight buffing kit. I'll let pictures do most of the reviewing but I'd say I was happy with how it turned out. If I would've spent a little more time on it they probably would've come out better, they're not brand new looking but they are much better. Anywho on to the pics...

Passenger side before:

Passenger side after (the sun was making it look blurry):

Driver side after:

No driver side before, I was too excited to get buffing and didn't think to take a picture =)

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Next time -

1. What products did you use on it. (I can see what they included on the box, but what did YOU use.)
2. What you liked/disliked about the product.
3. Ease of use
4. Use pictures that really show off the results. (Your pictures of the passenger like only slighty different. I could barley tell)
5. Would you recommend this product to someone.

Answer all those, and you'll have yourself a much better "Review" :thumbs up

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you probably wouldve gotten somewhat better results from wet sanding the lights then buffing them out real good
ive tried some cheap headlight restorers, not rainx, but they didnt work well
ive wet sanded several of our cars' headlights and they look almost brand new
my $0.02 :what:

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
you probably wouldve gotten somewhat better results from wet sanding the lights then buffing them out real good
ive tried some cheap headlight restorers, not rainx, but they didnt work well
ive wet sanded several of our cars' headlights and they look almost brand new
my $0.02 :what:
what grit sandpaper do you use for that?

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i used 1000 then 1500 then 2000
the first time i started from 800 i think but thats if you have a lot of grime and stuff on your headlights
the main thing is you have to polish it real good with a buffer or something because i tried doing it by hand and it didnt turn out too well the first time
i dont know if you know this but when you'll be wet sanding them the lights will turn really hazy but thats how it is supposed to be dont freak out or anything
once you buffer them theyll be almost new

bones420

5+ Year Member
i tried 1500 and 2000 grit paper with 3m rubbing compound, after I waxed the hell out of them works great!!!
Wet sand of course!

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
i used 1000 then 1500 then 2000
the first time i started from 800 i think but thats if you have a lot of grime and stuff on your headlights
the main thing is you have to polish it real good with a buffer or something because i tried doing it by hand and it didnt turn out too well the first time
i dont know if you know this but when you'll be wet sanding them the lights will turn really hazy but thats how it is supposed to be dont freak out or anything
once you buffer them theyll be almost new
for sure, i'll def look into that :thumbup: