Rim suggestions 16" Autocross

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm getting ready to dive headfirst into some Autocrossing with some friends of mine. Well, you all know I roll on 18s kitted. So, I'm about to make some changes on my civy. Mugen front lip, typeR rear... and some 16" rims for crossing days. So here's my question... I'm lookin for the lightest possible wheels at a decent price. The tire has already been decided on Falken Azenis Sport - 205/45/16. But, here's what I'm leaning towards now The 2 Volks Ce28 & Te37. Got any suggestions???? My colors I'm going towards are bronze, copper, gunmetal or black... in that order of preference.

not white:

Jojoforhelp

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your set on a 16" rim, you wont find much out there thats lighter than the TE-37's.

If your going to use these for autocross only...why dont you get some 13" Lenso's (yes they do fit) and some R-compound tires? You'll shorten the gears by doing this and spank your buds.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you wanna auto cross I would get the 15 inch SPOON wheels..better acceleration than 16s and they are LIGHT!!

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks for the input.... all suggestions are welcome, I'm still not set on what I'm getting, I guess size is negotiable also.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hix, both rims are great bro. if your going to autoX, espcially with your stock motor, go 15"

and if you dont feel like spending a forturne... Rota Slipstreams 15" (u know, spoon knockoffs) only weigh 10lbs each

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
Rota Slipstreams 15" (u know, spoon knockoffs) only weigh 10lbs each
Awww. :thumbs up
woulda helped if I'd ever paid attention to you guys talkin about these. :lol: I never figured I'd get into doing the autocross thing. Thanks mang.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, can't be the pricetag on that man . . . they weigh the same as spoon for more than half the price :thumbup:

what are you lowered on again?

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
yeah, can't be the pricetag on that man . . . they weigh the same as spoon for more than half the price :thumbup:

what are you lowered on again?
tein basic coilovers...

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aw, okay.. yeah i was clicking on the link in your sig but f**kin A with this clubcivic server, it's SOOOO f**king SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAR!!! so i figured might as well ask

here is a car with the VOLK CE28s 15" (well this is the one with less spokes, but same VOLK line of rims) on a 2000 Si http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB8&Number=4708447&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

i like the way the rim looks a lot, but for some reason, when i see it on a car, i dont know... its not what it seems to be to me :what:

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
aw, okay.. yeah i was clicking on the link in your sig but f**kin A with this clubcivic server, it's SOOOO f**king SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAR!!! so i figured might as well ask

here is a car with the VOLK CE28s 15" (well this is the one with less spokes, but same VOLK line of rims) on a 2000 Si http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB8&Number=4708447&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

i like the way the rim looks a lot, but for some reason, when i see it on a car, i dont know... its not what it seems to be to me :what:
Yeah, those wheels are bad. :thumbs up
The rotas would be cheaper but, if I can get the money for it, I'll probably just go with the CE28s... those are my favorites so far. The 15 didn't look bad though... I might have to do some more searching and see if there's a big price difference between the 15 & 16. so far the cheapest I've found is $1500 for tires and wheels.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, you have my suggestions...

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
Well, you have my suggestions...
Damn rite... and it was greatly appreciated. :thumbs up
"Falken Azenis Sport"

Jojoforhelp

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
hix, both rims are great bro. if your going to autoX, espcially with your stock motor, go 15"

and if you dont feel like spending a forturne... Rota Slipstreams 15" (u know, spoon knockoffs) only weigh 10lbs each
These are actually 12 lbs each.

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:

ROTA SLipstreams ........are 13.5lbs for 15's

gett Nippon F2, 15's = 10lbs and are mad in japan 16's are 13lbs

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh . . okay i wasnt exaclty sure of the weight of the rota 15" slips.. .i guess i should have mentioned that, but all i know is i picked up one rota slip 15" wrapped in yokohama parada spec 2's full of AIR.. and that s**t was LIGHT!!!!!!!! (thats what i mean to say but iono why i didnt type it before)

my bad for the mis-leading info

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
you know.... 6th gen si rims are decently light, look good, and are cheap as hell..........

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jojoforhelp said:
What class are you going to run in?
I've got no clue... I haven't even been to watch them yet. :lol:
I figure I'll go at least once with the setup I've got now just so I can tell the improvement though.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
you know.... 6th gen si rims are decently light, look good, and are cheap as hell..........
they are 16.5lbs (i know that for a fact)