Rip Off

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just pass the behind the wheel test 2day (yeah lol). Don't even receive an official DL yet. Im lookin around for car insurance and Im completely shock (why cost so much $). My car is only worth like $3500 and where I work is less than 3 miles away.

Even with a minimum requirement in CA, I'm lookin $650 (total for 6 months) for Auto Insurance. It's like over $110 a month. Do u think this is way to much? what a scam. Maybe I should take the bus =) How much yall pay for this?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats about right for someone so young. Ask your parents if you can be on their policy for a while, that way it'll be cheaper.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try to get a quote on Geico.com and compare the prices.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
expect to pay a shitload being a new driver...$650 for 6 months isn't bad, I pay $250 a month but have full coverage. Make sure you don't cause an accident or get a ticket, cause then you're really f**ked.

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im over 21 by the way (not that young) =) & that is the quote from AAA. If it sounds 'bout right, I'll just have to work more & save more. no rotas, tein, & mods on my car :( very sad.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Im 19 and I pay $110/monthly full coverage for my ek hatch.

I asked why so much and they said because Civic's can be turned into fast cars and they are dangerous for teenagers.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
s**t dude.... youre good to go. im 23, and pay 270 a month. full coverage on my truck and liability on my gsr.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I pay 65 a month for liability. I think insurance is a complete farse and should be cheaper.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As your attorney I advise you to buy a motorcycle

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's because you can't spell "rip" correctly.

** moved to off-topic.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's because you can't spell "rip" correctly.

** moved to off-topic.
sure about that? =)

And I pay 85 a month on a 12 month for full coverage, I've only been driving since I was 18 and I'm 23 now. Although, I am on with my parents.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your young, a new driver, inexpereienced a MALE. What do you expect? I pay around $70 a month with full coverage and am still under my parents name.

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ask your parents if you can be in their policy. Shop around bro, compare quotes, cuz I think it's too much what they want you to pay. For liability? no...................

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're under your parents insurance don't bother posting what you pay, you're numbers don't represent anything.

I pay $170 a month for full coverage on my DC5 and ES2. I have the good driver discount, college degree discount and multiple car discount.

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats pretty good....i paid $1600 a year wen i got my license....not 2 years later i pay $1200 a year....drive safe...by a safe speeder...LMFAO...dont speed on the left lane...speed in a pack..make sure ur in the middle...LOL

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats pretty good....i paid $1600 a year wen i got my license....not 2 years later i pay $1200 a year....drive safe...by a safe speeder...LMFAO...dont speed on the left lane...speed in a pack..make sure ur in the middle...LOL
Lol. We call that having a rabbit. Rabbit is some guy who you let speed past you, then you take a spot about 100 yards behind him. Cops will nail him first.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
As your attorney I advise you to buy a motorcycle
my bike insurance was 76 bucks a month. 2004 gsxr600. im 23 and have 2 speeding violations.

I pay 65 a month for liability. I think insurance is a complete farse and should be cheaper.
okay, so for full coverage add about 100 bucks to that monthly. thats $1980 a year. you wreck your 2003 civic and damages are 4500 bucks. what would you rather pay? 1980 or 4500?

Lol. We call that having a rabbit. Rabbit is some guy who you let speed past you, then you take a spot about 100 yards behind him. Cops will nail him first.
s**t, around here, they nail the whole pack