RLBROTC's Build Up Thread - 98 ex

RLBROTC

5+ Year Member
I'm still young and this is my first car, so my budget is tight. But, upgrades and little mods here and there are addicting. So this is how I bought the car, $3500. It had some slight fender damage, and a big ass exhaust on it that would have for sure gotten me pulled over where I live.

So my father works at an auto body shop, and basically hooked me up as a Christmas gift and since i had paid for the car. He put new fenders on it and painted it for me, It then looked like this.

It has the SI rims on it, which I liked so ended up not changing those. I went to the NAPA store and bought a stock exhaust that went all the way to the middle of the car, and then my father welded it on to the aftermarket 2' exhaust.
We also put on new taillights that didn't have the orange in them.

Then this past weekend I went to the garage and spent about 2 hours doing the "chicken wire" grill or the mesh grill which didn't come out too bad. And I also had the side moldings painted to match the green.

My favorite

arod52388

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like the 2 tone

SiBlue_EK

save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
not a fan of the two tone....but its your ride....take better pics tooo

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:???:

Two-tone, not my cup of tea. Other than that, it's a clean start. Just .... move away from the direction you're going.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not a fan of two-tone but the car looks clean:thumbs up

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just paint the rest of the car white and polish up those si's.

RLBROTC

5+ Year Member
Well , I didn't expect this many replys. But uhm, yeah the thread isn't finished. I like the two-tone, and will keep it. The top is a light-shade silver, not a white. I did the DIY mesh grill over the weekend, and had the side moldings painted. I do have better pics but they don't have the new grill or side moldings, guess I have to go to the car wash tomorrow and then I'll take more pics haha. Ill finish the thread tomorrow afternoon, right now im still at work. And to eran, what do you mean "the direction I am going in" ? I'm not ricing it I don't think. Lol.

RLBROTC

5+ Year Member
No thanks haha. If anyone wants a "civic" or an "ex" badge, I'm willing to sell them.

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No thanks haha. If anyone wants a "civic" or an "ex" badge, I'm willing to sell them.
:cry: Damn I need to get rid of this stuff and get stock bumpers
Just cant shell out the money for the bumpers and paint right now Im on a "budget" haha but sucks
GL with the build bro keep us updated

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks, good luck to you too.

Being on a budget does suck haha.
Yea It sucks even more that I have the money and just cant spend it :shock:
But I must admit that the two-tone is starting to grow on me haha:cool:

RLBROTC

5+ Year Member
Yeah it did the same to me. Honestly I wasn't too fond of it when it came out the paint room, but then It grew on me, and I ended up loving it within 2 hours after. The pictures here don't really do it justice. I will post the ones that I have before the grill and sideskirts tomorrow and the new ones ( have to get it washed really quick ).

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Two tones can be nice, if they are the right colors. Silver and green IMO dont flow well for a two tone. But, other than that, its good. Dont listen to what everyone is saying, do what YOU want to your car. f**k everyone else.