Rod bearing keeps wearing out

tyman2395

Hey guys , I just replaced my rod bearings with all new ones since the ones on the 3rd cylinder were bad. So i put them in and take it for a test drive , got about 15 km's into the drive and loud knocking again. So i bring it home and pull the pan. Sure enough the rod bearing on the 3 rd cylinder is shot , the bottom part was still good but the top ( rod part ) was wore out alot , any idea to why this keeps happening ? also when i put them there wasn't any play at all .

Trekk

Registered VIP
First did you have the crank journal and other parts measured? Did you check the oil passages to make sure they were clean? Did you plasti gauge the bearings?

gugiey

Registered VIP
first did you have the crank journal and other parts measured? Did you check the oil passages to make sure they were clean? Did you plasti gauge the bearings?
+1

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oil clearance or a clogged port in the crankshaft sounds like it could be your issue

tyman2395

Hey guys , thanks for the responses , I should've got that all done but never wanted my car to be down for long . When i put the new bearings on it felt tight but there must have been some play to that bearing. The crank looked good but the rod part it's self after inspecting it was pretty marked up. So I decided to just run this and drive it super easy for like 2 days til I get my other bottom end built up. Picking up a block tomorrow with a polished and balanced crank then building it up right. Thanks for the help tho !