Rolling over a 6th gen

Dough

5+ Year Member
ok so this is really stupid..... and i am sure you're gonan call me an idiot for doing this kinda shitt, but w/e here goes....

The other day i was being stupid in an empty parking lot, so i wwas just turning and then yanking the handbrake while turning pretyt sharply.... my friend was worried the car was gonna roll.... I am a bit curious if it is possible to a roll a bone stock 99 dx auto... it doesn't seem top heavy... but there is alot of body rolll so i was just wondering what you guys have to say!

Flip8Speed

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if car is low, prob not.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you happen to hit like a parking curb while in heavy cornering, yeah you may roll depending on your speed.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you will roll if it strikes anything while sliding, especially a curb, just do yourself a favor and not try to do this again, unless you learn untill something drastic happens , then go for it, just make sure you dont put others in danger ;)

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've seen it happen. in a crowded parking lot.

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
why would you want to see that? thats f**ked up..i hope everyone was ok, and the dumbass doing it got punished.

basically..stop being a ricer. if you want to go dorifto into a curb dori dori style, get a 240.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Where at??? Wish I saw that!
over in the gateway parking lot. Some ricer in a 6th gen sedan was going fast and pulling the e-brake in the back section. stock suspension and all. He rolled it, and i was laughing my ass off along with the whole parking lot of people. No one helped him lol

LS_VTEC_oya

N/A all day homie
5+ Year Member
over in the gateway parking lot. Some ricer in a 6th gen sedan was going fast and pulling the e-brake in the back section. stock suspension and all. He rolled it, and i was laughing my ass off along with the whole parking lot of people. No one helped him lol
s**t like that aint funny...now had the car rolled & f**ked up yo friend you think you would've still been laughing yo ass off:lol:

Dough

5+ Year Member
so did he hit a curb or a major bump or anythign or he just rolled while yanking the handbrake?

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am not sure, the pavement was not even back there though

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lowering your car helps prevent rolling because of the lower center of gravity. I used to have an SUV (98 Honda Passport) and every time I was in that thing I felt like it was going to roll. I hated it and I'm glad I'm back in a car. The most scared I ever of rolling it was back about a year ago. I was driving down a 2 lane highway and a car came close in my lane (he was not paying attention) and I swerved to the right at about 65 mph and my left side lifted off the ground a bit. Not much, but just enought to scare me until I sold the thing

The Russian

Mugen Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lowering your car helps prevent rolling because of the lower center of gravity. I used to have an SUV (98 Honda Passport) and every time I was in that thing I felt like it was going to roll. I hated it and I'm glad I'm back in a car. The most scared I ever of rolling it was back about a year ago. I was driving down a 2 lane highway and a car came close in my lane (he was not paying attention) and I swerved to the right at about 65 mph and my left side lifted off the ground a bit. Not much, but just enought to scare me until I sold the thing
s**t man, I've had retards like that doing that sort of stuff to me before, especially when the road split in 2 directions and theyre only in the wrong lane because they think they can overtake me so they try and pull into me instead. Morons. And yeah, i throw my civic round corners like nobodies business and mine doesnt lift in the slightest, since its been lowered by (dont quote me on this, i cant remember) 30 - 50mm. So yeah, if you plan on doing that stuff, lower it with nice sus first