RonJ request for OGs Genuine Rolla, hooked_on4, NOFX, shiznit, TonyM, handlebars

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is Eran still lurking?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It looks like the topic has changed a bit.. but I want to throw my .02 in, anyway. From what I can remember, Amy was a good mod. She was a mod before I was... and then I believe we were both on the staff for a bit. That would mean, Amy, you were probably a mod back around 03/04ish. As I became a mod in 04/05 (holy s***.. it's been like 7 or 8 years o.o)
Thanks. Yeah, I was a mod awhile ago. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure of when.

Here's when I became a super mod (April 2, 2005). I was already a sectional mod before that though. (Being a sectional moderator is really frustrating when you're the only one up and can't ban a troll/spammer or take care of bulls*** going on in another section btw.)

Apparently I wasn't a mod at all as of June 15, 2004.

More old names here, and different people who were mods were mentioned. Funny enough, the OP later became a mod.
all you OG's should stay around, something special might be coming for you guys, and woman
A lot of us didn't totally disappear. Some of us still lurk. Just not a whole lot to post about and so many of the people we know have left.
is Eran still lurking?
He still has a thread up about his del Sol even.

He also posted in this thread yesterday.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm also pretty happy with the OG turn out so far, but I hope we hear from many more.

Joey, I've never had a nefarious agenda here or on any other forum where I post. But I understand your concern as I will always say what I believe or know to be true even when the majority disagree.
No, I know you've never wished harm on CC. I've always respected you (as I think you know) and have always / will always listen to any concern you may have.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OG question...Does anyone else get sad when they see ImportFan1's avatar too?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Amy, I'm glad you resurrected that thread. I was trying to remember the mod dynamic from back then. We had so many fewer members, but so many more mods, and a s**t ton of SMods.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OG question...Does anyone else get sad when they see ImportFan1's avatar too?
I don't remember his avatar.

I get sad when I think of Shane.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Amy, I'm glad you resurrected that thread. I was trying to remember the mod dynamic from back then. We had so many fewer members, but so many more mods, and a s*** ton of SMods.
I always thought it was good to have a good mod staff.

I think it seems to keep mods more in line with each other and less likely to have little groups that split off and decide "this is how we mod now".

Plus it's really nice to have coverage for some of those odd hours too. Sucks to not have coverage 9-5 M-F or during normal sleeping hours.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait, who are the woman in this thread? PM me pics please

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wait, who are the woman in this thread? PM me pics please
You've got a PM.

Also, links show up REALLY poorly on this site now unless you've already been to that link.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I always thought it was good to have a good mod staff.

I think it seems to keep mods more in line with each other and less likely to have little groups that split off and decide "this is how we mod now".

Plus it's really nice to have coverage for some of those odd hours too. Sucks to not have coverage 9-5 M-F or during normal sleeping hours.
I agree on having a large mod staff. It also helps get the creative juices flowing. We've had some really active mods over the past few years, so the size has been small since coverage was so good (we haven't had the issue with things that need to be handled at night with nobody on). We've recently expanded the staff a bit to help solve that problem, but it's still crazy small compared to the old staff (especially when you compare the number of members then to the number of members now). It's definitely something to think about..

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, thanks.
Always glad to help. =) I hope there are enough pics on that site for you. If you need more, I think Google has some.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What the hell is the VIP Member thing all about anyway? What does that mean?
Ok. Who the hell is Mr. d**k Towel, seriously? :lol:
He was quiet the thespian.
Check Eran's avatar.
NOFX, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.