RonJ request for OGs Genuine Rolla, hooked_on4, NOFX, shiznit, TonyM, handlebars

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
did someone say yiffing?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I only occasionally post in the non-technical forums of H-T, as my primary interest lies more in the advanced technical questions that are found in technical forums there. I love technical mysteries and enjoy helping people solve them. The forum I moderate at H-T is strictly technical. Anything falling outside that realm is either moved to a more appropriate location or gets closed. I find my moderator responsibilities easy and straightforward because I have taken the time to define a logical set of rules that the vast majority of members have learned to respect. I don't get much trouble at all from members. In fact, most are complimentary of the technical help that they receive.

I'm here at CC not only to help in tech forums but also just to screw around in the Off Topic forums. I think moderating at CC may be more challenging because most moderators must work both sides, Off Topic and Technical. CC's strength is clearly the Off Topic side and CC moderators are well matched for this. CC could be further strengthened, however, by doing a better job at attracting and keeping members with technical knowledge. Nonetheless, I really like CC and have seen some excellent changes made recently. CC is also quite innovative for a Civic site and Jay Jay is rare among site administrators in making changes extremely quickly when he thinks it may be an improvement. CC is now a site where if members make a reasonable request, it will be given very serious consideration. I also give credit to Joey for being exceptionally in touch and responsive to the CC membership. I see good things happening at CC as long as Joey is a moderator.
I appreciate the compliment, Ron. The truth is, at the moment, we have a hell of a moderating team with a group of guys who are VERY active and are trying like hell to make this site the best it can be. Jay Jay has also been very active, pulling the strings behind the scenes and getting stuff done pretty quickly. He innovates as he discovers new ideas, but also takes moderator votes very seriously as well. I know most people don't SEE his activity, and I think they often think that he just doesn't care... but that couldn't be further from the truth.

As far as the tech section goes... we're trying everything we can throw at it. That's been our biggest challenge, and my (personal) biggest frustration. We can't force people to post tech. We can only make it more appealing. I've said it before and I'll say it again... If anybody has any ideas on this aspect, I'd love to hear it (here, PM, or wherever else you want to discuss it).

All in all, CC was stagnant for a while... and it was very difficult to make things happen. We no longer have those restraints and we've been taking advantage of them. Not all of our implementations are loved by all, but we'll keep on trying until we get it right. In the end, we all call CC home and we want it to be the best site it can be.

And I agree with Anfrey. Ron, you're an asset to the site, as you've been for quite some time. Hell, you managed to round up a bunch of OGs that you've never even met. :lol:. The site's activity has been up recently, and we've got you to thank. I don't know how long it'll last, but we're going to try to keep the momentum.

That's my rant for now :D

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think part of the problem with the tech side is the newer generations of civics just arent as friendly to low budget tuners as the earlier ones. None of the OG members really have new civics so there's nothing to add to the tech section since the older generations are pretty much covered. Or at least it seems like that.

RonJ

Banned
I think part of the problem with the tech side is the newer generations of civics just arent as friendly to low budget tuners as the earlier ones. None of the OG members really have new civics so there's nothing to add to the tech section since the older generations are pretty much covered. Or at least it seems like that.
You're right to some degree about the newer Civics, though forums dedicated to newer generation Civics exist and some are quite active. How you would capture the attention of this audience here is another question.

But keep in mind that forums for 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th generation Civics continue to be the most active because those cars are relatively inexpensive and there are a lot of them out there. This is where the opportunity lies.
-------------------------------------------

this thread has gotten awfully serious...

needs some random Giffing
So true Mr. cookie.

So back on topic.

Bump for OGs to check in. There are many more we haven't heard from.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now that I see the point of this thread. It's not even worth coming back to.

It's not Ron's agenda to make it a community again of owners like the OG's were. I'm ashamed for even posting in such a useless thread since that is NOT the case according to the conversations here.

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag Joe.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

It's not Ron's agenda to make it a community again of owners like the OG's were. I'm ashamed for even posting in such a useless thread since that is NOT the case according to the conversations here.

Wat?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cat out of the bag? I don't think there are any secrets for me to even tell? The point of this thread (to the best of my understanding) was to get some of the old timers in here so we could relive old times... and I'd say - mission accomplished... I know I've been enjoying the past week or so.

RonJ

Banned

connie, I PM'd you.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, Talk about someone getting their panties in a bunch.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
now thats the CC i remember :lol:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hahahahaha

what's up nitin??? long time no see, my friend!

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hahahahaha

what's up nitin??? long time no see, my friend!
Not much Anf, just looking for a job in the socal region. i have to pass a drug test so i think im screwed!!

whats good with you?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
w00t, Shiz has arrived. A great past moderator. Glad you still check in every now and then!

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cat out of the bag? I don't think there are any secrets for me to even tell? The point of this thread (to the best of my understanding) was to get some of the old timers in here so we could relive old times... and I'd say - mission accomplished... I know I've been enjoying the past week or so.
:like: